Notre Dame Game Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KLS also grew up a lot tonight. She found many way to score when the game was close and clearly the defense was geared up to stop her.
+1 Of the "big 3" Lou looked the tiredest and probably had to work hardest to get open. But she hung in there. She will need to. (Of course, Pheesa didn't play the whole game.) That one drive to the left was fantastic.

Reaction Score
The one on Gabby I thought was borderline. I'm not sure I've ever seen the one called on Saniya - I thought she got whacked with an arm coming down across her face and not so much an elbow.
Yeah, not sure about the one on Saniya, but it definitely was one when Gabby got whacked.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does any know if Azura and Batouly made it to South Bend for the game. As Gabby put it so well a game like this is when you come to UCONN.

Reaction Score
How about two UConn players taking hard shots above the shoulder, and the officials make no call. Chong took an elbow to the chin, which is a TEXTBOOK Flagrant 1; no call. The official stops play to get her some attention, which is a nice gesture, yet she is on the other end of the court, 100% out of the play, and there is no sign of significant injury; COMPLETELY outside the scope of regulation officiating.

The Gabby takes a forearm to the throat...no review. Just a plain ol' foul.

I'd like to hear an explanation for both of those plays. Won't get one, but boy, would I like to hear one.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It does not matter what the intention of the player is - an elbow to the neck/face is supposed to be a flagrant one foul - period*. ND got away with two, one on Gabby and one on Saniya and no idea why the refs didn't at least look at the monitor. The players are supposed to be responsible for their elbows not making contact with opponents above the shoulder.

*Unless they have changed the rules again

Don't think it was an elbow per se but will have to go to the replay. Thought she got her with the forearm. Still a foul I would think but not a flagrant, if indeed the flagrant rule uses the term "elbow"

Reaction Score
+1 Of the "big 3" Lou looked the tiredest and probably had to work hardest to get open. But she hung in there. She will need to. (Of course, Pheesa didn't play the whole game.) That one drive to the left was fantastic.

40 minutes played - Gabby Williams, Kia Nurse, Katie Lou Samuelson.

Reaction Score
oh-uh. Geno is admitting that this team might have the intangibles. He better be careful, otherwise he might admit that this is a really, really good team. He loves everything about this team??? What's going on? what alien has taken over our Geno's body??
If you ask me, that was all about HBO.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm really astounded at how few threes were hit in this game.
Hit the very first one and then not a single other. At least we weren't taking a whole lot and we did get a number of the rebounds on the misses.

Reaction Score
What a great game, outstanding win and this team is going to get even better once their passing improves hopefully to the level of last years starting 5. Right now they are missing KLS on her post ups and also some kick outs where Kia could benefit.

I thought Turner was fine she actually scored easily on Napheesa but struggled against Gabby.

The refs were terrible ignoring the contact/hits on KLS through the key and yes Saniya and Gabby's fouls should have been flagrant.

Reaction Score
Damn ...I hope @RSHERMVIKES made through to the 4th quarter.

upload_2016-12-7_21-30-14.png

Reaction Score
I think you should get a game ball for all the positive energy. Head bang

I predicted ND would win tonight so I really was interested to read all of the posts on this thread. I started laughing at some point, and you beat me to it. I think an award should be granted to the poster TitleTown.

He is tenacious and unyielding in his never-say-a-positive-post about any UCONN player or the team and their terrific, spotless record. Only in UCONN land can a steady player be ridiculed and then he doubles-down on the ridicule.

And we have this great victory - we're up by a lot, Gabby doing some sensational things, Lou with some beauty moves and Collier's brilliance yet our man Titletown is "waiting for the next UCONN turnover."

You go Titletown.

But I have to ask. Did you really enjoy the game? And do you really like basketball?

Whatever. Every fan is different. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul