Notre Dame cowards put restrictive media rules | The Boneyard

Notre Dame cowards put restrictive media rules

Reaction Score
LSU closed its fall camp to the media...so did Stanford...and so, to some pre game practices, does FSU and others...

Back then, football programs and the news media generally had an agreement. Coaches would allow beat reporters to watch entire sessions provided they didn’t report on formations, schemes or trick plays.

The media have multiplied. Websites have beat reporters. Television and radio stations have websites. During the season, it’s not uncommon for 10 or more reporters to cover an ASU mid-season practice. Complicating matters: Everyone has smart phones, which makes it easy to send information or photos to thousands within seconds.

Issues surface. In addition to studying game film, coaches at some schools have staff members search the internet for useful information. Some follow opponent beat writers on Twitter. Others buy digital subscriptions to team-related web sites.

ASU coach Todd Graham said he sees the value of opening practice to beat reporters – educated media better inform the fan base, after all – but “the more we have the social media and all the cameras on every phone, I think it’s coming to a day where we’re just going to close them down.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Among the 14 SEC football schools, media access to football practices is tightly controlled. Most schools, including Alabama football, offer limited viewing periods.

Oklahoma....

The media’s first opportunity to speak with coaches to assess how the closed practices are going will be Thursday morning. The school will have its annual Meet the Sooners Day on Saturday.

Reaction Score
But folks who don't watch much football seem ignorant of current practice...I stated what other programs do...drew no dotted line....I might be calling them out as dastardly cowards as well.

Maybe a voice of reason does go counter to a "hate" post. I think I see the problem....the post was not meant to express anything beyond dislike of the program and really wasn't about closing practices or that it is widely practiced.

Reaction Score
Miami Ohio is likely among the favorites in the Mac this year and Chuck Martin is a former Nd asst. They will likely have a nice ball club this year and a fair amount of midwest interest in that game.

Reaction Score
You're right. They suckered you too.

I could reply with rational talk about Notre Dame in the ACC (benefits vs the benefits that the Big East received with the Irish)....but that is not what this thread is about....it is not about rational discussion but is rather an emotional thrashing.

Soooo...to get with the board demanded narrative ...I will agree...Notre Dame is awful, they are very bad for the ACC.

Q: You’re stranded on an island with a cannibal, a murderer, and a Notre Dame fan. You have a gun, but there are only two bullets left. Who do you shoot?

A: The Notre Dame fan (twice.)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Miami Ohio is likely among the favorites in the Mac this year and Chuck Martin is a former Nd asst. They will likely have a nice ball club this year and a fair amount of midwest interest in that game.

Not only is Chuck Martin a former ND assistant under Kelly, he was Kelly's DC back when they both were at GVSU from 2000 to 2003 (he was on the staff before that, if I remember correctly). They have a long coaching history together.

Reaction Score
Do you ever get tired of running like a frightened house eunuch to defend anything and everything involving the ACC?

Jesus.
gonna throw out my red flag on this one....
Billybud is definitely an ACC homer with FSU, but the previous couple comments mentioned SEC and Oklahoma. I think FSU was mentioned in a throw away comment and ND isn't ACC. Not sure where the ACC over run is?

Just saying...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom