Notre Dame achieves a first | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame achieves a first

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Obviously, it took an unusual series of events for these 5 players from three different recruiting classes to all go pro in the same year.

I think all the Final Four teams had at least four future WNBA draftees on them. They just had a more even distribution of draft years.

Baylor had Brown and Jackson drafted in 2019. Cox is a likely 2020 lottery pick. I think Richards and Smith will be drafted as well (not sure about Landrum).

Oregon had Cazorla drafted in 2019. Ionescu is the probable #1 pick in 2020. Sabally and Hebard will likely be drafted as well.

UConn had Samuelson and Collier drafted in 2019. Dangerfield is a likely 2020 1st rounder. Williams, Walker, and Nelson-Ododa are all sure to be drafted, too.

2018 UConn actually had 5 1st round picks among their juniors and seniors. Compare to 2019 Notre Dame having 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks among its junior and seniors.

You basically can't win a championship these days without 4 or 5 future WNBA players. 2018 ND probably had about the minimum - 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and 2 undrafted in their six player rotation.

So yes, it is remarkable that ND had all 5 starters drafted and didn't win the title. But I don't think they had a signficant talent advantage over the other Final Four squads.

Reaction Score
I don't think Stokes is on the roster currently. She wasn't with the team for their opener Stokes shows on New York's depth chart. Depth Charts - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA
I think Collier and KML both started their teams openers. Yes, they did but I'm not counting them as starters just yet.

Trivia: who was the last UConn starter not to be drafted? Technically Doty started but it was more of a Geno gesture. She was not drafted.

Saniya Chong? But was obviously still picked up. Not sure if she was drafted though.

EDIT: Nenermind. 2017 Round 3 pick 26.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom