Notre Dame (2) @ Marquette (19) - 12/22/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame (2) @ Marquette (19) - 12/22/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well, I said that Marquette would live or die by the 3-point shot.

In 2Q they died, shooting 1-7.

Plebe

Reaction Score
87-63 Win for ND! Took over after the first quarter. Great Team Win! Go Irish!
I wouldn't get too excited. It's easy to get buckets in the lane when your opponent has no one over 6-0.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't get too excited. It's easy to get buckets in the lane when your opponent has no one over 6-0.

So do you think Marquette stays ranked? I figure if they still are... they will be ranked for the rest of the season. The Big East is weak.

Reaction Score
I’m not but they played well against a good opponent. I’ll take a 24 Point Win over a top 20 opponent any day of the week.

Plebe

Reaction Score
So do you think Marquette stays ranked? I figure if they still are... they will be ranked for the rest of the season. The Big East is weak.
Oh, they'll still be ranked for sure. Not gonna drop out from #19 just for losing to #2.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh, they'll still be ranked for sure. Not gonna drop out from #19 just for losing to #2.

I guess that blowout victory over the Jackrabbits goes a long way

Reaction Score
With a 24 pt loss at home, Marquette could drop slightly if other teams right below #19 are deemed more worthy.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I think the close loss @MissSt on Dec 6th helps Marquette more than the win over the Jackrabbbits in their opening game of the season (Nov. 6).

Plebe

Reaction Score
No, but they haven't suffered any bad losses that might drop them out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think the close loss @MissSt on Dec 6th helps Marquette more than the win over the Jackrabbbits in their opening game of the season (Nov. 6).

Actually I was being a bit facetious ... I probably should have added a :rolleyes: at the end of the sentence.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Bibby can stay in front of Jackie Young

I think State would do poorly against ND. They drive the ball and would kill us like Oregon because Vic would keep his starters in playing 40 minutes of man to man. They would drag T out to the free throw line, then drive it or run pick and rolls all over us.

Anyway, good win for ND today. I think they are a dangerous team with a lot of weapons.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Bibby can stay in front of Jackie Young
I’d like to see how Turner would do against T. Turner is a couple inches shorter but is more Athletic IMO. I’d be interested to see if she could block T’s shot.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I think State would do poorly against ND. They drive the ball and would kill us like Oregon because Vic would keep his starters in playing 40 minutes of man to man. They would drag T out to the free throw line, then drive it or run pick and rolls all over us.

Anyway, good win for ND today. I think they are a dangerous team with a lot of weapons.

I hate that T played on the free throw line a lot. In any case, she wasn't in the rebounding position for much of the game, Oregon got way more offensive rebounds than they should've, and that was just egregious. I think Oregon's pick-and-roll is way more annoying than Notre Dame's though. Hebard looked to sneak away from McCowan on every play, and she was successful many times.

I think the fact that Ogunbowale is now regularly trying to do it on her own (i.e. ball hogging) will be better for us, because we're way better defending the player with the ball than the players without it, and that's how Marquette and Oregon hurt us.

Reaction Score
I hate that T played on the free throw line a lot. In any case, she wasn't in the rebounding position for much of the game, Oregon got way more offensive rebounds than they should've, and that was just egregious. I think Oregon's pick-and-roll is way more annoying than Notre Dame's though. Hebard looked to sneak away from McCowan on every play, and she was successful many times.

I think the fact that Ogunbowale is now regularly trying to do it on her own (i.e. ball hogging) will be better for us, because we're way better defending the player with the ball than the players without it, and that's how Marquette and Oregon hurt us.

Ever since the UCONN Game passing has been better. 26 Assists this game as a team for ND. So I would say that is changing. This team has been passing the ball a lot better since that UCONN Game.

Reaction Score
After seeing ND dismantle Marquette, I feel pretty good about how OSU played ND. Like I said before, I hope OSU gets another chance to play ND in NCAA Tournament.

Reaction Score
Should be a ND win by about 45 points.

Shepard, Ms. Hardship, got 18 rebounds on her way to a substantial double-double. I'd say she's ND's glue, and a key to their future success. Ono's progress will be key for us.

Reaction Score
Shepard, Ms. Hardship, got 18 rebounds on her way to a substantial double-double. I'd say she's ND's glue, and a key to their future success. Ono's progress will be key for us.
Both Her and Bri are key. Bri had a big game today also.

Reaction Score
ND is the best team in the country. Sure they lost to UConn, but that day they brought their C+/B- game and UConn took advantage. UConn is too up and down right now.

UConn beat ND on the road by double figures. Until UConn proves otherwise (with a loss), UConn is the best team in the country. Period.

Reaction Score
ND is the best team in the country. Sure they lost to UConn, but that day they brought their C+/B- game and UConn took advantage. UConn is too up and down right now.
Hmmmm. Does the best team in the country lose by 18 on their home court? Doesn't the opponent and their game plan get any credit for causing the best team in the country's C+/B- performance, other than just 'taking advantage'?

UConn is up and down, but hasn't been down enough to lose by 18. Or lose at all. Just an observation....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom