Notre Dame (2) @ Marquette (19) - 12/22/18 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame (2) @ Marquette (19) - 12/22/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Marquette, but maybe Notre Dame will play more zone and the result will be a lot of 3 point shots. Make Arike take shots. Long rebounds will equal fast break points... which they had 21 against Mississippi State. I'd take my chances on that instead of playing the body contact game vs. Shepard. She'll win that one. But if Arike has a bad shooting day and Jackie Young has to chase around those nifty Marquette players the whole game, maybe that'll in turn cause both to have bad games offensively. Marquette has no size, but they can win playing the same way they did against Mississippi State. Only we played man-to-man against them and that obviously was not how you should play them. They'll just shoot soft floaters over you, stop and pop, and hoist balls up from any random spot.

Marquette has a collective unit of dangerous players. Very much like Notre Dame. Have great respect for Notre Dame, and they're definitely the most talented team in the country. Mississippi State is #2 though :), but Marquette has shown that they can easily play around your superior talent.

One thing I will say about Notre Dame is that they have great durability and don't get worn out as badly as other teams. Should be a great game. I voted for Marquette, but I'm really 50-50 on this. Could go either way.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I didn't realize this game was today. I'm leaving shortly to try wrapping up my Christmas shopping so I can get back home and watch it live. Should be a very good game...but I think Notre Dame comes out on top.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame has to come out playing urgent Defense like they have the last two games. Set the tone on defense and let that get the Offense going. First big game since the UCONN Game. This could be a game to make a statement. It’s a home coming game for Arike. So I hope the team is fired up about that and comes out playing hard and well.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Probably ND by double figures. :(

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Notre Dame has to come out playing urgent Defense like they have the last two games. Set the tone on defense and let that get the Offense going. First big game since the UCONN Game. This could be a game to make a statement. It’s a home coming game for Arike. So I hope the team is fired up about that and comes out playing hard and well.
I expect Notre Dame will do well. They couldn't handle being the favorite against UConn. They were emotionally fragile and just crumbled like a house of cards in an earthquake. Now that the burden of expectations has been lifted from them, they'll probably play much better.

If Notre Dame doesn't outrebound Marquette by a huge margin, I'll be surprised.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Danielle King really has the jets. She really torched MIssissippi State but hasn't played well since. Very streaky player.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The presence of Turner in the lane is the one major difference between last year's game and this year's. She's already blocked or altered multiple shots and gotten easy layups on offense.

Reaction Score
ND needs to start making their lay ups. Frustrating to watch players missing lay ups.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hiedeman shooting 3-4 from 3 is what's given Marquette this lead. Marquette will live and die by the 3-point shot in this game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Turner/Shepard killing Marquette on the boards.
Turner already has 14. She's on pace for 35-40. Shepard on pace for a big double-double. Marquette has no size to compete with them. Davenport is working extremely hard, but when your lone post player is only 6 feet tall...

Plebe

Reaction Score
Interesting when they showed that graphic of Arike's strengths, they forgot to mention that she's really good at body-blocking and cussing out opposing coaches.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow unbelievable. Jackie Young clearly fouls King to force a turnover, actually injures her in the process. Refs make no call and ND scores on a fast break.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom