Nothing from this game was meaningful | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nothing from this game was meaningful

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Disappointed from what I saw in Samson Johnson. Looked lost on O, never called for the ball or asserted himself. Expected a leap forward from last year and didn’t see it.
I say give him a mulligan. Those two quick calls killed any rhythm he might have gotten. I thought he looked like a player, which is a big leap from what I saw last year.

Reaction Score
The actual quote is "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and is from Lao Tzu. And, I don't think he was heading to Mecca if you look at his belief system.

Let's hope Hawkins' journey is a very short distance, like the distance from the dorm to the practice facility.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. Going 5-24 from three against a low caliber opponent is less than ideal.

Reaction Score
I remember an opener versus Yale. Tight game we won by ten. The Yale coach said he thought his squad was the better team. We won the NC that season.

Watch these contests, notice little things. Enjoy. They do not yield much info. Just glad they are playing again.

Reaction Score
That said. Clingan moves very well for guy 7-2. Samson Johnson has to be in the top one percent of guys his size. He looks and moves like a guard. C'mon Newton make foul shots (even in meaningless games) if you want to be in the games at winning time.

As Hurley said, when Jordan and Dre get back their will be guys fighting for minutes.
The fact that young guys got playing time is promising. Last year our reserves couldn't get off the bench. Even against lousy competition they would get a minute or two. So I was happy to see young guys getting significant pt on game 1. That's a good sign and it's meaningful.

Reaction Score
I think this game has meaning in the factors below, irrespective of the quality of the opponent.

I am not criticizing the team's performance in these areas, only noting that every game shows something about your team and the areas for improvement.

1. Foul shooting percentage. Who struggled?
2. Number of unforced errors. Was the amount excessive?
3. Who gets to the spot either to guard the opponent or to move without the ball to get off the best shot.

4. Who didn't hustle up the floor more often than no.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The first game is always meaningful, because it's the first game. And every program in the country plays these games, to learn about themselves

The GOAT played a ton of these games. Cost me money, but great seats to give away if you're inclined to do so

Reaction Score
The first game is always meaningful, because it's the first game. And every program in the country plays these games, to learn about themselves

The GOAT played a ton of these games. Cost me money, but great seats to give away if you're inclined to do so
Fair point. But in a general not specific way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom