Nothing from this game was meaningful | The Boneyard

Nothing from this game was meaningful

Reaction Score
That said. Clingan moves very well for guy 7-2. Samson Johnson has to be in the top one percent of guys his size. He looks and moves like a guard. C'mon Newton make foul shots (even in meaningless games) if you want to be in the games at winning time.

As Hurley said, when Jordan and Dre get back their will be guys fighting for minutes.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’d say Hawk getting yet another concussion is quite meaningful. In fact, could be the most meaningful thing that happens all year.
One of the top players getting hurt because we were playing on top of a melting sheet of ice on a 75 degree early November day. FTHXL

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It's tough to take much out a game against a team making their D1 debut. With that said there were some good things, especially Karaban and the team putting them away early like they should.

Reaction Score
I consider Diarra's play meaningful because I was pleasantly surprised by how good he was. 11 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 5 boards in 27 minutes. Very impressive and 2 more years of eligibility after this year. Looked very athletic with long arms. He could end up being a terrific addition.

Reaction Score
That said. Clingan moves very well for guy 7-2. Samson Johnson has to be in the top one percent of guys his size. He looks and moves like a guard. C'mon Newton make foul shots (even in meaningless games) if you want to be in the games at winning time.

As Hurley said, when Jordan and Dre get back their will be guys fighting for minutes.
Newton making foul shots is a very good point. Lost our top 2, go to FT shooters from last year. Wonder who this year is going to step this year. Hawkins or Newton? Who else can shoot FTs well, maybe Diarra or Calcarerra?

Reaction Score
You guys really should go scroll through some of the scores from power 5 schools vs these "cupcakes" yesterday.

We should also remember were not that far removed from losing these early season 'buy games'.

Reaction Score
To see him upset when he missed those bunnies (same ones Sanogo missed last year), and being so focused to the point of wanting to dominate (like he did in HS), was awesome. Seems to be a nice kid, but I see some meanness in his game.

He's a freshman, with so much potential. In 2 years (if we are lucky) all D1 teams will be like Stonehill to him.

Anyone, even non-UConn fans, can see Clingan in an NBA jersey one day.

Reaction Score
I don't claim to have a ton of confidence in what I think I saw, but what I recall is that he got way up for a rebound and got turned horizontal by contact with other players.

Anyone have a video clip?
There was no slipping due to condensation on the floor. It appeared unintentional but Sims pushed Jordan with his right hand. Hawkins was already off balance, right leg high in the air and leaning backwards. But the slight push didn’t help.

CFF42138-FD71-4558-9AFC-C0487EB77D07.jpeg

Reaction Score
Nobody did. The floor was fine.

A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest.
Sometimes because it is their optical illusion, or their topical delusion.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Reminded me of the old exhibition games against DII opponents, which is what it essentially was.

Reaction Score

Not sure if you’re joking or not but Newton made 9 of 12 free throws in the game for a respectable 75%?

Reaction Score
Not sure if you’re joking or not but Newton made 9 of 12 free throws in the game for a respectable 75%?
And I think we'll see a lot more of this as Newton will have size advantage over most of his matchups and be able to bully his way to the rim and FT line. With him being a very good FT'er, count me in.

Reaction Score

This is the only thread that should exist. It's fun to talk about what we saw, but when everyone is healthy, and we are in late January for example, this team and it's individual players, for better or for worse, will not have been born out of the Stonehill opener.

Reaction Score
Joey C last night looked to be a better player than I expected. Smooth stroke from 3. Decent handle and showed good effort on D.

Disappointed from what I saw in Samson Johnson. Looked lost on O, never called for the ball or asserted himself. Expected a leap forward from last year and didn’t see it.

Reaction Score
This ^. He is also a career 85% ft shooter and was 90% and 88% his past two years at ECU..

Reaction Score
To see him upset when he missed those bunnies (same ones Sanogo missed last year), and being so focused to the point of wanting to dominate (like he did in HS), was awesome. Seems to be a nice kid, but I see some meanness in his game.

He's a freshman, with so much potential. In 2 years (if we are lucky) all D1 teams will be like Stonehill to him.

Anyone, even non-UConn fans, can see Clingan in an NBA jersey one day.
Theres a guy in the league now pretty similar to him in size and athleticism whos winning MVPs. Just saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom