You Know Who
Reaction Score
Non-NCAA champions. Note: some sports are still being played and so not listed

Meat judging?

31FD9826-5E33-497B-B472-26B17C4B26BE.jpeg

Reaction Score
I wonder how much competition on some of these events

Reaction Score
Dairy cattle and wool judging seems very exciting does anyone know who are the all-time champions in those sports? and please inform the landscaping team they can use my lawn for practice. Also, do you have to be lactose intolerant in order to compete on the dairy-tasting team?

Reaction Score
What? No equestrian events like polo or dressage? Feeling pretty unappreciated. UConn fields teams for these events. These could be our secret weapon to gain entry into a P5 conference.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Dodgeball. Go Spartans! I gather that one is organized under the American Dodgeball Association of America.
Dodgeball is so easy, all you gotta do is Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and um Dodge.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not only have I never heard of Quadball, there's 2 divisions of it.

200.gif

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Takeaways:

But of course:
  • Notre Dame: Gaelic Football
  • Air Force, Army: Boxing
  • Air Force: Skydiving
  • UCLA: Taekwando (actually, UCLA will be good at most things athletic)
  • Waterski (Women): Louisiana. Rajun' on the Bayou

Really?
  • Ohio State: Bollywood Fusion Dance
  • Pitt: Cricket
  • Penn: Curling (I've got to talk to Notre Dame AD about this....)
  • Georgia Tech: Mascot Dance. Who else joins the Yellow Jacket inside the Ramblin' Wreck?
And a Question

-
SHU: Irish Dance. Who/What is "SHU?" I know the colors don't match Seton Hall U. in the Big East.
And this is another one that Jack Swarbrick, ND AD, should get on...fast. :D

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Takeaways:

And a Question

-
SHU: Irish Dance. Who/What is "SHU?" I know the colors don't match Seton Hall U. in the Big East.
I'm surprised none of the UConn fans jumped on this - Sacred Heart in Fairfield Connecticut. They were in the NCAA's, a First Four team that lost to Stanford in the first round.

Reaction Score
Takeaways:

But of course:
  • Notre Dame: Gaelic Football
  • Air Force, Army: Boxing
  • Air Force: Skydiving
  • UCLA: Taekwando (actually, UCLA will be good at most things athletic)
  • Waterski (Women): Louisiana. Rajun' on the Bayou

Really?
  • Ohio State: Bollywood Fusion Dance
  • Pitt: Cricket
  • Penn: Curling (I've got to talk to Notre Dame AD about this....)
  • Georgia Tech: Mascot Dance. Who else joins the Yellow Jacket inside the Ramblin' Wreck?
And a Question

-
@Dillon77, cricket is a real game, played in many countries around the world. Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, along with the West Indies, are some of the countries that participate in this game.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
@Dillon77, cricket is a real game, played in many countries around the world. Australia, Bangladesh, England, India, Ireland, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, along with the West Indies, are some of the countries that participate in this game.
I'm sure Dillon is well aware of Cricket. I think the question was, what does Pitt have to do with Cricket?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I'm sure Dillon is well aware of Cricket. I think the question was, what does Pitt have to do with Cricket?
Thanks @meyers7 : Your take is precisely what I was thinking. How did Pitt established a club/league that has gotten this good. While cricket is, indeed, played globally, as @FormerCTrez points out, not sure I thought of it as an epicenter of wickets! ;)

That said, there's a Sunday league in Clifton, NJ, that's been playing for years. I pass it everytime I come home from my Sunday morning hoops league.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks @meyers7 : Your take is precisely what I was thinking. How did Pitt established a club/league that has gotten this good. While cricket is, indeed, played globally, as @FormerCTrez points out, not sure I thought of it as an epicenter of wickets! ;)

That said, there's a Sunday league in Clifton, NJ, that's been playing for years. I pass it everytime I come home from my Sunday morning hoops league.
They used to play (in their whites) in a little park in Hartford. Right off I-91. I stopped and watched them for awhile once, back a few years. Not sure if they play there anymore.

Looking on Google maps, it's called Riverside park. Between I-91 and the Connecticut River, just north of I-84.

Reaction Score
They used to play (in their whites) in a little park in Hartford. Right off I-91. I stopped and watched them for awhile once, back a few years. Not sure if they play there anymore.

Looking on Google maps, it's called Riverside park. Between I-91 and the Connecticut River, just north of I-84.
@meyers7, I do believe that there’s also a cricket league that meets/plays in Kenny Park, in Hartford.

Reaction Score

That field always gets flooded not sure if they still play there
They did replace a skate park in Manchester with a cricket field within the last 5 years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom