Not Sure If This Was In Any News Links | The Boneyard

Not Sure If This Was In Any News Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
John Walters, author of "The Same River Twice". He knows of what he speaks.

Reaction Score
The folks at XL will surely love that their stadium is listed as XCel (a Midwest utility that already has some stadiums).

This suggests that Geno can't be replaced. I mean, I knew this, but this suggests no one could even come close.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So the secret to winning those 8 national championships is understanding women? That's an impossible job and I can't believe he's become the first guy to do it after millions of years of failures by us guys. It's gotta just be somthing he puts in the pizzas and Philly cheesesteaks.

Yeah, Walter's is always a treat to read, and glad he's already got a peek at Stewie's NPOY trophy for a presentation at some future point. NCMOP is peachy keen for now.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It also suggests one reason, beyond any graciousness or motivation to grow the game, that Geno is so open to letting other coaches observe his practices: you won't actually be able to do what he does.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Really great article - thanks for posting. And I think it is while overstated, fairly accurate. The mixture between hardass and family that Geno projects is a delicate balance. And the ability to not take himself too seriously outside of games/practice is the icing.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Great article.

I can recall Geno's response during one of the FF pressers (some question having to do with the mental state of one of the players). Geno said, "Do you have daughters?" "One? Well I have two. Then you should know you never know what's going through their minds."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It also suggests one reason, beyond any graciousness or motivation to grow the game, that Geno is so open to letting other coaches observe his practices: you won't actually be able to do what he does.

Harkens back to the Geno comment about the coach who come up to him and said he runs the stuff he learned in a conference/workout/class or something. "Did you win?" "Nope." "'cause you need my players."

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Walters is a good read. I have read "The Same River Twice" about 3 times now. Usually during the summer when WCBB is just a smudge on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom