Not sure how to process this exchange between Geno and Page {merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not sure how to process this exchange between Geno and Page {merged thread]

Reaction Score
Geno was genuinely upset. You could hear him screaming on the telecast. Tough love - all good. Still, CW needs to make those shoots - 2 bad misses.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“I said ‘Paige, you almost cost us [the game] because you didn’t wait for that screen,’” Auriemma recalled from the Baylor game. “And she just walked away and goes, ‘We won, we won.’”

This humble person is complex. I think she knows he is not about to bench her. Their relationship will be an entertaining side story throughout her tenure at UConn.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, Evina nearly cost us the game with that carry. CW nearly cost us the game by missing those freebies. AE nearly cost us the gam by missing that bunny. ONO and AE nearly cost us the game by fouling(?) Carrington. Fortunataly, none of them did. We won.

Reaction Score
The way I took the situation is that yes Geno was annoyed with her, luckily it didn’t matter in the end because we won but he drew a play up and she didn’t do what she should have and wait for the screen. However, him choosing to bring it up means it was clearly all good natured and I’m sure Paige accepted her mistake but her saying “we won, we won” is just her making light of the situation as if to say “ok I made a mistake but we won so it’s ok” type thing. Everything we have seen of her she is the most selfless teammate and humble individual so I cannot see there being anything in this other then a bit of a joke after a big win!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Geno was genuinely upset. You could hear him screaming on the telecast. Tough love - all good. Still, CW needs to make those shoots - 2 bad misses.
the whole team needs to make its free throws. any miss is a bad miss... but it does happen (too often for uconn ... urrrr, rather for my taste -- drives me crazy)

BTW, not much credit has been given to christyn on the infamous "controversial" no-call. it seems amidst the brouhaha all have overlooked the HUGE rebound (or steal/retrieval) of carrington's futile attempt to play the hero. both smith and egbo would have had time to get that ball and score if christyn had not snagged it. there was sufficient time and they were in position.

a game winner by the junior leader.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“I said ‘Paige, you almost cost us [the game] because you didn’t wait for that screen,’” Auriemma recalled from the Baylor game. “And she just walked away and goes, ‘We won, we won.’”

This humble person is complex. I think she knows he is not about to bench her. Their relationship will be an entertaining side story throughout her tenure at UConn.
Make no mistake, wherever the line is, if any player crosses it, even Paside, Geno will sit them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom