Not So Fast (West Virginia) | The Boneyard

Not So Fast (West Virginia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Say what you want about Pitino, but at least he is trying to strengthen the basketball side of the BE, and as far as I know, no other coach is out there doing that.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
^^ very true. I like what he said about the acc being pissed off that the big east is now the best conference and how bc hasn't won anything since joining. Think about it cuse and Pitt football will be down there with va dook and bc

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
RP, GA and JC may have more influence on this process than we do, but not a lot more. The presidents and trustees of the universities are the shakers and movers, and some universities have little control of this movement, including UConn.

You have to wonder what WV thinks of Louisville right now.

Reaction Score
Memphis and Temple are great additions to the bb prowess of the present BE, but man o man do they detract from the academic impression which would be portrayed by the Big East. Neither are recognized as citadels of learning in my opinion.

Reaction Score
How do you judge a "citadel of learning", SAT scores? I mean to someone at Brown, Providence is not a citadel of learning in R.I., and to those at Yale, UCONN might not be either.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about Pitino, but at least he is trying to strengthen the basketball side of the BE, and as far as I know, no other coach is out there doing that.

Pitino is acting out of self interest and what exactly is he trying to save here? The BE that emerges from this is going to the the old Conf. USA plus a few catholic northeastern schools.

If ND decides to join the ACC then UConn is gone, if ND waits to long and the ACC decides it needs to add two more teams, then UConn is gone.

Reaction Score
Of course he is acting out of self interest. Everyone is trying to get the best deal available but one of his lines of attack is propping up a BE that both he and Calhoun might just belong to. In his heart I believe he really wants to stay in the BE, as does Calhoun who has lately been silent.

Reaction Score
I don't think that Pitino really wants to be in the BE. I think Pitino just wants to be in a good basketball conference. Louisville is now lobbying hard to go to the Big 12 which is apparently one of the reasons for the hold up with WVU's move (along with the Mizzou situation).

Reaction Score
Might as well be screaming into the wind. I think all if not most of the basketball coaches have essentially said it's completely out of their control. His lobbying isn't really going to accomplish anything. Just venting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom