Not saying it was the refs but... | The Boneyard

Not saying it was the refs but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We should get used to this. Refs will not give breaks to a team that can't pay in the past season. This game means more to MU then it does to UConn.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We should get used to this. Refs will not give breaks to a team that can't pay in the past season. This game means more to MU then it does to UConn.

Sent from my MAXX HD.
I was thinking the same thing. Clockwork Orange scenario.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't think they cheat, except for Cahill who can't hide it anymore, I just think they suck

Reaction Score
I don't think they cheat, except for Cahill who can't hide it anymore, I just think they suck

There's a difference though between bad calls in the run of play and then not knowing the rules during a timeout.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been posted here yet but:
@KevinRDuffy
Ref Karl Hess via Marquette SID: Karl Hess: Everything was done right, except it should have been basket for UConn.

Reaction Score
That OT mistake made no sense. How does uconn not get points for shooting at the basket the refs lined us up to shoot at?

Reaction Score
I don't think the OP is far off. I mean Marquette went to the foul line 41 times

Reaction Score
I love how Karl Hess comes out and makes it sound like everything went right except for a small technicality. First the officials lined the players up incorrectly for the tip, then they delayed the game for about ten minutes as they discovered what they did wrong, and then they didn't know the rules. How hard is it to just say you *ked up?

Reaction Score
The refs don't give breaks to a team that doesn't care about academics or graduating their players. The refs don't give breaks to a team whose hall of fame coach is a cheater, even if he did just retire. Like it or not, there is a dark cloud over the program and it has an effect. It is all crap but that isn't the common perception.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The refs don't give breaks to a team that doesn't care about academics or graduating their players. The refs don't give breaks to a team whose hall of fame coach is a cheater, even if he did just retire. Like it or not, there is a dark cloud over the program and it has an effect. It is all crap but that isn't the common perception.
That's the past. The present is the other coach taking a one game suspension for breaking rules. I guess people do live in the past.

Reaction Score
That's the past. The present is the other coach taking a one game suspension for breaking rules. I guess people do live in the past.

Refs are like elephants when it comes to negative press and poor treatment by any given coach. Too bad they aren't like elephants where the rule book is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom