Not really OT: I wish all MBB players were like Kevin Durant

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
From last night:

Kevin Durant @KDTrey5
At this OU/UConn. Those #Play4Kaykicks are niice, maybe I should have some all pink KD4s to support women's cancer research!!

And he meant that sincerely. If Nike would let him, I bet he would put out a line of shoes to support breast cancer research.

Seriously, I don't know of any NBA player that's a bigger fan of basketball in general than KD. Any big college game in the state of Oklahoma, men's or women's, and he's there if his playing schedule allows it.

He actively promotes the WNBA and women's BB in general without being asked. When UConn won the 2010 championship, he gave a special shoutout over Twitter to Tina Charles (who gradated high school the same year he did). He was watching the WNBA draft live on a Monday afternoon and made a point of welcoming Liz Cambage and Kaela Peterson to Oklahoma.

On top of that, he's just the humblest, most decent guy imaginable. He represents the state of Maryland (where he's from) at every opportunity, as well as the University of Texas (where he played college ball). In fact, he's headed to OU-Texas (MBB) tonight.

Additionally, he's a great player who led a relatively rag-tag Team USA to a fairly easy Gold medal run in the 2010 FIBA championships and who will play a major role in the 2012 Team USA squad's run in London. And he represents the United States with incredible ferocity and dignity in international play too.

I wish all pro athletes could be like Kevin Durant...but then again, it'd be a lot harder to know who to cheer for.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great post! That was cool seeing KD there at the game and you're right, he is pretty active commenting about WBB on Twitter. Lebron has had a couple shout-outs for the Huskies on Twitter in the past too, IIRC but KD is definitely a more visible supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom