Not ready yet | The Boneyard

Not ready yet

Reaction Score
Lots of talent but we haven't put it together yet. We settled way too much for outside shots, especially early on in the game then later. We shoulda worked on fouling out Boston late too. I think we should've posted Edwards on her late. We didn't. We kinda let her have her way a bit in the paint too.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Lots of talent but we haven't put it together yet. We settled way too much for outside shots, especially early on in the game then later. We shoulda worked on fouling out Boston late too. I think we should've posted Edwards on her late. We didn't. We kinda let her have her way a bit in the paint too.
#poststhatdon’tagewell

Reaction Score
We haven’t put the perfect game together yet but just beat the no1 ranked team with our junior leader clearly struggling with her knee and sitting most the game, couldn’t hit a 3 to save our life and you are complaining? Look at the positives - defence is much improved, Nika is much improved, AE and AG look like they can be counted on

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The team played great but make a lay-up please. In fact, I don't trust anyone's jumper except for Paige.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The offense where AE or ONO stand at the top of the key didn't work against SC. How about a plan B?

Reaction Score
I assume UConn, South Carolina, and Edwards herself doesn’t think she can hit a jumper as they made no attempt to defend her nor did she attempt one. I thought she had shown a decent jumper in earlier games. If she had one this would not have gone to overtime. Aubrey just even try to hit from anywhere but under the basket. This is a nice five on the floor but we desperately need another long range bomber, if only to free up Paige more.

Reaction Score
Well I'll gladly eat my crow ... a wins a win. We pulled it out, but we gotta tighten things up..... so we can start seeing those blow out W's like we used to.

Reaction Score
right after a big win you decide to post a thread like this smh.
You don’t stand pat. You see what we did right (recruit Paige) and look at what we did wrong. Lots. Then fix them. But first shout WOW!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Seriously?

Now, ONO should not have been taking all those outside shots, it’s what SC wanted, but kind of up to Geno to figure it out. But the way that game was being called and with Boston defending inside, I don’t know how many of our kids would’ve fouled out before Boston.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Difficult to foul Boston out when the officials inexplicably take a foul away from her. That wasn't the crappy Fox announcers, I heard the PA announcement "Foul on Aaliyah Boston, fourth foul." Then five minutes later all of a sudden she has three.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I stopped watching and assumed. Guilty as charged. And I'm eating plenty of crow. I owned this one. Happily. Heck, we pulled it out.

Kudos for the take back. Hey, we all get emotional. What a finish that was!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The offense where AE or ONO stand at the top of the key didn't work against SC. How about a plan B?

From SC's point of view, it was a clear and successful strategy...
Just don't guard our bigs...even as close as the foul line.
Worked great with Olivia in the 1st half.

Aaliyah didn't take the bait; didn't shoot from that area in the 4th quarter.
But why not just rumble straight to the hoop.
They then have to guard or foul and it might open space for one of the guards...I always hoped Kiah Stokes would do that.
Aaliyah certainly has the athletic ability to make that move...or shoot the foul line shot jumper

Reaction Score
I assume UConn, South Carolina, and Edwards herself doesn’t think she can hit a jumper as they made no attempt to defend her nor did she attempt one. I thought she had shown a decent jumper in earlier games. If she had one this would not have gone to overtime. Aubrey just even try to hit from anywhere but under the basket. This is a nice five on the floor but we desperately need another long range bomber, if only to free up Paige more.
I liked Muhl for that role the past few games but she passed on some shots tonight she’s taken and made in January.

Reaction Score
I liked Muhl for that role the past few games but she passed on some shots tonight she’s taken and made in January.
Yes, she is still hesitant. I wonder if she is deferring to Paige, not wanting to risk a miss.

Reaction Score
They held the #1 team that averages 82 points a game to 59, including OT. Don't know how much tighter you can expect, pardner.
And SC held the Huskies to 63, off their avg of 87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom