Not One Primetime Recruit (Adams excluded), Not Ollie, Conference | The Boneyard

Not One Primetime Recruit (Adams excluded), Not Ollie, Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
UC has swung and missed on every BIG TIME recruit thus far. Some say it's Ollie, I don't buy it!!! I'd play for the guy, and my son will eventually play for UCONN. AT 5, he's got a step back, cross over and pump fake down. Oh and he can shoot free throws. Albeit, on one of those monster truck size tire bucket that they attach, but they still go in. If Ollie is still there, I'm sending him. We all know the conference is what it is now, but in 2 years when we are in the B1G, Ollie will be able to cherry pick who he wants to represent the basketball capital of the world. GO HUSKIES!!!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
UC has swung and missed on every BIG TIME recruit thus far. Some say it's Ollie, I don't buy it!!! I'd play for the guy, and my son will eventually play for UCONN. AT 5, he's got a step back, cross over and pump fake down. Oh and he can shoot free throws. Albeit, on one of those monster truck size tire bucket that they attach, but they still go in. If Ollie is still there, I'm sending him. We all know the conference is what it is now, but in 2 years when we are in the B1G, Ollie will be able to cherry pick who he wants to represent the basketball capital of the world. GO HUSKIES!!!!
Wait wut? I thought your car wash guy had the inside track that the ACC was inviting us?

Reaction Score
Well I guess the op got used to all those times when JC pulled in all the top recruits and we had a million one and dones. But he does have a point if you exclude all our best recruits we haven't got anyone good. Sure its disappointing not to get some top 5 recruits, but that's not what this program was built on and we can be good without them.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton came to play for Calhoun, Ollie inherited him, he didn't recruit him. I'm not talking about graduate transfers, those are nice compliment players but at some point we need to land another Rip Hamilton, Rudy Gay, Caron Butler type player to keep building the program. UC has never been a one and done school but it seems we are missing on the second tier of talent and that's not Ollie, it's this week conference. I trust in KO, WM, SH .. miller is a good get I agree, land Gibbs and UC has a nice shot to keep moving forward until our invite to the next P5 shift

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton came to play for Calhoun, Ollie inherited him, he didn't recruit him. I'm not talking about graduate transfers, those are nice compliment players but at some point we need to land another Rip Hamilton, Rudy Gay, Caron Butler type player to keep building the program. UC has never been a one and done school but it seems we are missing on the second tier of talent and that's not Ollie, it's this week conference. I trust in KO, WM, SH .. miller is a good get I agree, land Gibbs and UC has a nice shot to keep moving forward until our invite to the next P5 shift
"When Isaac Hamilton selected UTEP over a host of Pac-12 programs last year, the family cited a long-standing relationship with the Miners staff. As a result, when Isaac committed to UTEP, other programs not only backed off Isaac, but also Daniel. However, one of the coaches who recruited Isaac was Ollie, and he never stopped recruiting Daniel.

"He recruited me and Isaac at Crenshaw," Daniel Hamilton said. "When Isaac committed he never stopped. A lot of the coaches that recruited Isaac stopped recruiting me.

"It's an up-and-coming program. Me and Coach Ollie have a great relationship. I knew him before he got the job there. It's an opportunity for me to come in and step in and do some damage."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller was one of the most highly coveted grad transfers. Rodney Purvis, Daniel Hamilton how highly touted does someone have to be to be considered primetime?

They're not primetime because we got them.

It's like the Groucho Marx saying: "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."

Reaction Score
youre an imbecile ko recruited hamilton.

Reaction Score
Athlete94 said:

You're not even close. You're two recruiting classes off. Ollie just finished his third year as the head coach - Hamilton was a freshman.

I can't imagine a UConn fan would think that Ollie inherited Hamilton - so I question where you're trolling from.

Reaction Score
Oliie recruited Hamilton. Count the years buddy! Hamilton was there one year, Ollie was there 3 years!!!! How did he come to play for Calhoun? Did you mean he came to play with Calhoun "Omar"? Even if so, Hamilton and Daniels were friends. Also Ollie was able to get Rodney to stay and transferrs do count. They are still good enough to go most anywhere. At least the last one and current in Miller. Not to mention how we are in the top 5 of most top recruits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're not even close. You're two recruiting classes off. Ollie just finished his third year as the head coach - Hamilton was a freshman.

I can't imagine a UConn fan would think that Ollie inherited Hamilton - so I question where you're trolling from.
Exactly! Hamilton has been at Uconn for one year and Ollie 3. This guy apparently is not a real fan. lol

C

Chief00

Actually Ollie was the main recruiter on Andre after Pat Sellers left.

Reaction Score
"When Isaac Hamilton selected UTEP over a host of Pac-12 programs last year, the family cited a long-standing relationship with the Miners staff. As a result, when Isaac committed to UTEP, other programs not only backed off Isaac, but also Daniel. However, one of the coaches who recruited Isaac was Ollie, and he never stopped recruiting Daniel.

"He recruited me and Isaac at Crenshaw," Daniel Hamilton said. "When Isaac committed he never stopped. A lot of the coaches that recruited Isaac stopped recruiting me.

"It's an up-and-coming program. Me and Coach Ollie have a great relationship. I knew him before he got the job there. It's an opportunity for me to come in and step in and do some damage."
Don't confuse the OP's post with facts.

Reaction Score
Just to pile on, you're way off here. Calhoun didn't recruit Hamilton. Not sure where you got that from.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Conference kills us no doubt. But you'd be an idiot not to like our incoming class, which isn't done yet. 13 fn months ago we won a title and ko just publicly turned down okc. That won't make recruitingn easier in the coming months??? I am as manic as any yarder, but we aren't dead. Dear god, please remember that Tyler olander has more rings than the squid, and ko is tied. The program is not in life support yet. Some of you guys have terrible memory, should we have fired JC in 1997 because we hadn't gotten to a final four yet?

Reaction Score
What an ass.

KO is 3 years in and has battled with recruiting restrictions the entire time, while in the AAC. Despite that, he has brought in four excellent players (not to mention players like Kromah or his influence on others such as DD), one of which you have to irrationally exclude from the conversation in order to even attempt to make your own spin on this tired argument.

Reaction Score
I think it's going a little far to say that Ollie just inherited Hamilton. Factor in that DHAM waited forever to sign his letter, and that, if I'm not mistaken he was also a Crenshaw High guy, just like Ollie. deandre Certainly helped in the recruiting process, but I wouldn't say that Ollie inherited him. Also - you never know who a star is. We don't necessarily need top 10, McDonald's All Americans. Ray Allen was ranked 34 out of. Dalzell, SC, and Emeka wasn't ranked. Ben Gordon was under ranked as well. Don't fret over having McDonald's All Americans. See the number of them that have attended Duke and Kentucky over the years and you won't see a gap in championships won over the past 20 years. uConn does a better job of player development, and having guys who are not overhyped, and who know they need to work hard is a better formula than Duke and Kentucky in the one and done era.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
94 is a troll I suspect.
His posts should probably be ignored.
Doubt he's a troll. I disagree with his over view regarding recruiting. Not even accurate. But he has pledged his five year old to the program. That's not trolling. That's looking at the long view!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom