Not Off Topic: Remember Allison Feaster? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not Off Topic: Remember Allison Feaster?

Reaction Score
View attachment 78083

I didn't know that they worked with the Celtics at the same time. This pic was taken during the Playoffs in May. Strong's mother went to a academically strong private school, and her father attended a school in the Triangle. Seems to me, a academically strong private school that is also located in the Triangle is the way for the young lady to go. :cool:
I'm sure Strong's parents have a lot of respect for how UConn's staff could develop her over 4 years, particularly if she has pro ambitions. However, being so close to home, I think Duke and Lawson may be in the driver's seat on this one.

Reaction Score
Yes, UConn is recruiting her Along with every other major program

A great film clip of Sarah Strong at the USA 3X3 try outs. No one
could cover her underneath the basket ( watched the one sequence
where she rips the rebound out of the hands of the other player ) and,
when they deceide not to cover her on the outside... Sarah drains a 2 or
3 pointer! Where do I sign up for the Sarah Strong Fan club? Come
to Storrs, Sarah!!!

Reaction Score
I'm surprised that it took so long into her recruitment before her mother's extrordinary feats in wcbb were mentioned here. I'm hoping that as her mother took on the academic challenge of Harvard Sara will relish the athletic challenge of UConn.

(where her mother can watch her play)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm surprised that it took so long into her recruitment before her mother's extrordinary feats in wcbb were mentioned here. I'm hoping that as her mother took on the academic challenge of Harvard Sara will relish the athletic challenge of UConn.

(where her mother can watch her play)
Actually @DaBball was the first to peep us to this in the January 2022 recruiting thread.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dawn Staley
Andrea Stinson
Allison Feaster
Charlotte Smith
Vicky Bullet
Rhonda Mapps
RIP Sting :(
Tell me about it; that's just how I feel about my Comets :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:eek: I agree Shaw University would be a great choice should the Sarah & her family decide not to attend UCONN.

Peace, Shaw, Meredith, St Aug's... even Central...., as long as that Triangle school doesn't sport the light blue colors.. I'll be ok.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm sure Strong's parents have a lot of respect for how UConn's staff could develop her over 4 years, particularly if she has pro ambitions. However, being so close to home, I think Duke and Lawson may be in the driver's seat on this one.

I think being close to her home isn't an advantage. I just assume most kids would rather go off to college somewhere at least a few hours away from home. At least that how it was when I was coming up.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Stanford was lucky that the loss wasn't by more than what it was. It appears that Harvard was playing against 8 when you count the refs. Some of the calls that were made looked as if they weren't fouls on Harvard, while there were some questionable no calls on Stanford. Allison Feaster was in beast mode the whole game.

Reaction Score
I think being close to her home isn't an advantage. I just assume most kids would rather go off to college somewhere at least a few hours away from home. At least that how it was when I was coming up.
I might agree somewhat if the local school wasn't a high academic, athletically historic place with a HC who is known and obviously respected by the two most trusted people in the kid's life. It most likely will come down to how independent she is and how much she relies on her parents to help her with the decision. Some top recruits, Clark at Iowa, Haley Jones at Stanford, and A'ja Wilson at SC for example, like staying in their home state for their college career. I guess it just depends on what the kid is looking for. Sometimes it's a tough decision and other times it's not.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Allison was a star in the Ivy League. She was much-recruited coming out of high school but had wanted an Ivy education so she went to Harvard. As a senior, she led her #16 seeded Harvard team over #1 seeded Stanford. Allison was a remarkable player.

After college she married former NC State player, and high school sweetheart, Danny Strong. They eventually had a child, a daughter named (drum roll) Sarah. Who is Sarah Strong? See below.
Yes, I do remember Feaster. I'd rather forget, however... Head bang

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Vickie Bullet another player Liberty should have never traded.

How they let Becky Hammon get away…I am old…It hurts to remember…

Reaction Score
She reminds me of a more athletic Washington teammate of Kelsey Plum? Can't for the life of me remember her name. She would stand at the 3 point line and when she shot, she didn't jump or even move her lower body at all. But gosh, did they go in a lot! Not sure what happened to her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She reminds me of a more athletic Washington teammate of Kelsey Plum? Can't for the life of me remember her name. She would stand at the 3 point line and when she shot, she didn't jump or even move her lower body at all. But gosh, did they go in a lot! Not sure what happened to her.
Chantel Osahor.

Reaction Score

This was my daughter's case. Far enough she had to live on campus. Close enough so I can make a majority of the games.

Reaction Score
My daughter went 2636 miles away. I made 2 soccer games and numerous visits.

Reaction Score
If you watch Strong's game she is very clever under the basket as well. I think Strong is for real. Still, if she has a chance to go to harvard she should do it. The quality of education she would get is almost a guarantee for a great future. It opens so many doors to a fulfilling career. She will have plenty of money for a good life just from the harvard background. Basketball isn't everything and if she qualifies academically for harvard she should consider taking the golden ticket. Her mom knows the benefits. If you are in an environment which encourages and expects excellence it is more likely that YOU will develop those same traits.

Reaction Score
If you watch Strong's game she is very clever under the basket as well. I think Strong is for real. Still, if she has a chance to go to harvard she should do it. The quality of education she would get is almost a guarantee for a great future. It opens so many doors to a fulfilling career. She will have plenty of money for a good life just from the harvard background. Basketball isn't everything and if she qualifies academically for harvard she should consider taking the golden ticket. Her mom knows the benefits. If you are in an environment which encourages and expects excellence it is more likely that YOU will develop those same traits.
Yes, Harvard is " almost a guarantee". I personally know a number of successful
Harvard grads. I also know, not personally, a great number of WNBA players who
have a UCONN degree. The decision is yours Sarah..... do what is best for you. Z

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom