Not Kentucky? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not Kentucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not me. I'd much rather have Kentucky win. I think of Kentucky as a freak show in college basketball - everyone knows they're recruiting on a different plane than any other school. The amount of size and talent they have on that team is absurd. They'll be ridiculous like this for the next couple seasons while Cal is there and then they'll be back to normal. Duke, though, is just a good college basketball team, and they'll be lauded as giant killers and the miracle squad if they knock off an undefeated Kentucky. It would be infinitely more nauseating than any Kentucky-related praise. No thanks.

Well said. Ugh, they would put this right next to their upset of UNLV.

anigif_enhanced-21965-1395438171-7.gif

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Kentucky has played 11 Top 50 RPI teams. That's it...and only 4 since 1/1. (Context, we played 10 in that time.)

The SEC is garbage.

They are still the best team this year. But Arizona, Duke, Gonzaga, and Wisconsin can beat them.

And this Kentucky team was down at half to Buffalo. They can lose.
They have been trailing with ~10 minutes left to a few teams that were pretty mediocre. No doubt they're the best team in the country but if they run into a hot shooting team they can lose.

Reaction Score
Arizona can match up with Kentucky. I watched them in the Pac-12 tournament and they looked scary good. They defend really well and they have the killer instinct that vintage UConn teams have had where they just put you away.

I was listening yesterday to an oddsmaker say that Kentucky would be favored by about 5 to 6 over Wisconsin. I'm curious about the potential Kentucky-Arizona line.

Reaction Score
Not me. I'd much rather have Kentucky win. I think of Kentucky as a freak show in college basketball - everyone knows they're recruiting on a different plane than any other school. The amount of size and talent they have on that team is absurd. They'll be ridiculous like this for the next couple seasons while Cal is there and then they'll be back to normal. Duke, though, is just a good college basketball team, and they'll be lauded as giant killers and the miracle squad if they knock off an undefeated Kentucky. It would be infinitely more nauseating than any Kentucky-related praise. No thanks.

Their "normal" is still the greatest program of all time. Duke would be praised if they were to knock them off but that's a lot better than listening to greatest of all time talk about Kentucky.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
My issue with Iowa state is they keep going down by double digits and somehow manage to claw back each time can they get that lucky in the tournament I have my doubts. If forced to pick a big 12 team to root for it would be them though.

Reaction Score

Ugh, I hate that you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky