Not In Support of Coach P Coming Back, But... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not In Support of Coach P Coming Back, But...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde handled it well. Had the post-mortem, Asked for documented changes on the offense and improvement on the field. Will not accept a 3rd losing season was the obvious point. If Warde is doing his job he's hiring a consultant in the Fall to report on the available and noted assistants or winning MAC/Sun Belt coaches or sidelined names and has an interview short -list ready to go on November 1.

He had a short list now... the problem is it's rally short.

McMurphyESPN 10:17am via TweetDeck
NC State AD Debbie Yow said this year "(coaching) pool is shallow as far as qualified (coaches)." Why NCSU moved so fast on Dave Doeren

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really good post, Zoo.

Yes, it was. But Manuel lost my benefit of the doubt when he chose to extend his trip to the V.I. while Louisville was taking our spot in the ACC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That was not my point. My point was that the current financial problem (and yes, Malloy caused it, just a fact) will affect ever department of the university. And it is NOT the time to put out the perception that UConn is spending big on football coaches.

Even though Calhoun was paid by the athletic department, the "not one dime" controversy was about tax money and state fiscal responsibility.

The Not One Dime Controversy was about an ill-informed blogger who wasted his 15 minutes. as much was proved once the facts actually did come out. Calhoun may have been a little crass in his delivery, but the message was clear.

The key is to match people's perception to actual reality (what was lacking in the aforementioned not one dime situation as well as by you when you bring up Malloy...). Once that is understood, it is clear that "fiscal responsibility" is a realitive term. I think you lose the forest for the trees if you don't at least recognize the difference between a buyout and the cost of Coach Pasqualoni (including continued negative public perception of the program's current state) is a small price to pay for an in-touch coach, sold out stadium, national rankings, and maximized donation revenue.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
He's overpaid in your mind because he didn't deliver - he's not overpaid for experiance and market. Good OC/DC ccordinators make $1m+ in some conferences.

He's over paid because he is grossly underqualified to coach Div. 1 college football in 2012. If I were hired by a pizzaria making $10/hr, I'd be over paid for my position, because I can't flip and twirl the dough up in the air in order to spread it. Coach Pasqualoni may have been good in 1994, not so much now.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Warde announces Coach Blue coming back, Blue states our talent sucks and CTnews broadcasts this. Ch 8 Finz tool pretty much guffawing in agreement. Aslap in the face to the players being broadcast by doofus lapdogs from 8, 3, 30, and 61.

There is no spin or upside to this vote of confidence. We still have 1 more year of Blue, and maybe Luther. Jeezusfrigginchrist.

Reaction Score
Paul Pasqualoni offers us the chance to sacrifice ourselves at the Rent to Michigan next year. They will come to our stadium and tailgating and approve.

Reaction Score
Even if we hire Josh McDaniels tomorrow, we still probably lose to Michigan next season.

Reaction Score
Even if we hire Josh McDaniels tomorrow, we still probably lose to Michigan next season.

You're right, as much as we're not crazy about P, we probably have a better chance of winning an early season game with him than if we start over from scratch. If we get a knew coach today we probably won't even know who our QB is until August. He actually has a history of doing pretty well in big games, so maybe Michigan will be one of our 5 wins next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom