Not Great but Interesting WBB Games Today | The Boneyard

Not Great but Interesting WBB Games Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Obviously UConn vs USF: Might be a competitive game for awhile, don't see USF staying with UConn for the complete game. I'll be looking at the guard defense for UConn.

DePaul vs Surprising Seton Hall: First place in the Big East on the line. Winner gets a leg up for a tournament bid. How many bids will the Big East get?

Miami vs Duke Had Duke righted the ship since Sierra left. Is Miami a pretender?

Kentucky vs LSU: Ballard is playing for LSU. Are they back to their Prior Year Status?

Ole Miss vs Texas A&M. I'm interested as I thought A&M would be competing for the SEC Regular Season title along with So. Carolina & Lady Vols.

Are there games you're interested in?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was interested to see how UVA would do against Louisville.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I watched LSU beat Kentucky. Entertaining game. Cannot stand Mitchell, so ... starting PG out for the year and Jennifer O'Neill fouled out late. Ballard is impressive. This is shaping up as another year in which Mitchell will fire assistant coaches.

Reaction Score
kentucky is now down 2 major players. not many teams can be competitive after that.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I watched LSU beat Kentucky. Entertaining game. Cannot stand Mitchell, so ... starting PG out for the year and Jennifer O'Neill fouled out late. Ballard is impressive. This is shaping up as another year in which Mitchell will fire assistant coaches.
It will be interesting to see how much difference Ballard will make. USC won at LSU by 24 without Ballard and they come to Columbia on 2/12.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
bad basketball game - Louisville has no outside game, and cannot make free throws. If they are the #4 team in the country, it is a very weak year.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=400593098

I agree with you that I believe Louisville is ranked too high. As a Louisville fan, I expected this year to be a huge fall off, as we recover from losing 4 of our starters. All things considered we are playing better than I thought. It is not always pretty, but we are finding ways to win.

There is no excuse for the dismal FT shooting. Yesterday was an embarrassment. Ours was terrible, VA was even worse. Absolutely no excuse. That was not a typical performance yesterday, though. We are at the bottom of the ACC in FT% and it is hovering around 68%, I think. Not good, but not as awful as yesterday.

Our strength this year is in the paint, and two of our freshman. While we have no consistent outside scoring, several of our kids can hit the 3ball. We have had several games where we were hitting, and hit anywhere from 6-8 3's. That is the exception though. Typical performance is 1-3 per game.

I have said it before on here, we could lose 4-5 games during the remaining schedule (FSU, Duke, Syracuse, NC, ND), or if we are on and consistent, could win out. I expect losses, likely 2-3. I do not think we are the 4th best team in the country, I think somewhere around 10-12 would be more accurate. I think the high ranking is more a reflection on other teams having bad losses. Even though we have 5 seniors 3 start, and 2 are 5th year seniors whose careers have been hampered with injuries, so we are relying heavily on 2 of our freshman. All in all, I expect Walz to get the most out of this group. They have been equal parts maddeningly difficult to watch and a lot of fun. I am enjoying this season for whatever they give us, and look forward to a young but more exciting team next year.

Reaction Score
Louisville loses again- Florida State beats them by 5, same story.... missed free throws / 56%, and missed 3s / 3 for 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom