not good.. Napier, Roscoe Banged Up...possible smith out | The Boneyard

not good.. Napier, Roscoe Banged Up...possible smith out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
*** Surprisingly, UConn is looking to start off its Big East slate at 2-0 for the first time since 2003-04

That is surprising...

Reaction Score
Looks like smith is possible out, need him against moe

Reaction Score
Looks like smith is possible out, need him against moe

Agreed. He seems like the best matchup defensively against Harkless. He will torch Olander or Oriakhi on the perimeter. If everybody else does there job on their assignment it won't matter.

Reaction Score
He could, but he's not nearly as good an option - Roscoe is stronger and a better defender.

Reaction Score
DD is light years away from being as good on D as R Smith. When I was thinking about the game I thought R Smith would play a big role shutting them down. Not Good.

We are DOOMED!!!!!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Roscoe's left wrist is sprained an still swollen. It's his non-shooting hand (and, please, no smart aleck remarks about his shooting).

He should be able to play and defend pretty well if it's just a wrist sprain. It could affect rebounding since he won't be able to grab the ball strongly with both hands.

Truth be told, I'll take a one-handed Roscoe defending the Johnnies over a two-handed DD at this point.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Roscoe's left wrist is sprained an still swollen. It's his non-shooting hand (and, please, no smart aleck remarks about his shooting).

He should be able to play and defend pretty well if it's just a wrist sprain. It could affect rebounding since he won't be able to grab the ball strongly with both hands.

Truth be told, I'll take a one-handed Roscoe defending the Johnnies over a two-handed DD at this point.
I agree with you on every point. If JC were coaching SN would have limped through the second half of practice and RS would have squeezed the wrist until the swelling went down. RS is critical to the game imo.

Reaction Score
St.Johns has no true point guard and center i think uconn will be fine

Reaction Score
We'll see. Harkless could be so amped up to prove a point that he plays poorly. Or he could kick our butts. Interesting to see what happens.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Truth be told, I'll take a one-handed Roscoe defending the Johnnies over a two-handed DD at this point.[/quote]
You could be right on that but Giffey is a better defender than either if Roscoe is ailing and AO & TO lack the lateral quickness.
Against many opponents, NG may lack strength to play the 4...but not against SJ

Reaction Score
Yeah, what about Giffey? This could be a chance for him to show what he's capable of. He was a very good defender last year, so I don't see any harm in giving him a shot against Harkless if Roscoe can't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom