Not getting the most out of them | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not getting the most out of them

Reaction Score
If I hear Raff say 3 to shoot one more time. I was going to break my TV. How could Hurley be okay with that. Even if we scored it was with no time left. Hurley did nothing to speed up this game.

Reaction Score
Can’t believe the Hurley family just completely forgot how to coach! They’ve been doing it for generations and now they just forget!? Wth!

Reaction Score
One constant in sports is that a lot of teams get better as the season progresses, due to figuring things out and most important team unity. What we are seeing is marginal teams who have improved (or learned to play together) playing against our team that's stuck in neutral.

Martin should be unleashed by now, Sonago should be fed until he's full, Polley should have set plays to free him up, guards should be driving and dumping the ball to our bigs, Jackson and Gaffney should have been able to capitalized off of our last game, etc..

We have not figured things out, and until a leader emerges we will stay in neutral. We just aren't improving as a team, and that's troubling. All Bouk will do is disguise this problem.

Just saying its February and this team still has no identity.
COVID (limited practice time and missed games) + injuries to 3 of your best players = what you are seeing right now. Unfortunately, that sums up the season.

Reaction Score
The press scares Gaff.
Not sure "scared" is the right word, but you're totally right in that PC's kind of "soft press" isn't necessarily meant to generate tons of quick turnovers, but its meant to eat up clock and make it hard for the opposing PGs to initiate offensive plays. And since we already have a bewilderingly difficult time running quality sets, the press compounded it. I have to tip my cap to Ed Cooley, it worked really well in that regard.

Reaction Score
Gaff was a on a tear attacking the basket last game and before. So, did coach tell him not to or did Gaff jsut not want to play. Hard to figure these guys out now.
Would be nice if our Cracker Jack reporters asked a salient question like that of the coach. But they won’t. R they afraid Hurley will shut them out if they actually ask him relevant difficult questions ?

Reaction Score
If I hear Raff say 3 to shoot one more time. I was going to break my TV. How could Hurley be okay with that. Even if we scored it was with no time left. Hurley did nothing to speed up this game.
He has made it apparent he's not going to play fast so a coach can throw out a half arse junk press like today and we'll slowly break it and never get into any halfcourt sets, he's become really easy to coach against lately.

Reaction Score
Looks like he is shooting off balance a lot.
I agree. He missed a couple open ones where his feet were set but most of his shots he's off balance moving left or right. NBA guys can make shots like that but not him. He needs to re-evaluate his shot selection. It's like those 2 good games he had has made him think he can make anything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom