Not an NCAA tournament team | The Boneyard

Not an NCAA tournament team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate to say it but with a loss to Tulsa tonight, our chances of making the tournament as an at large bid are looking pretty bleak
A road lose to When of the better conference opponents means almost little.
We lost at Houston last year.

If we return the favor at home this game will be forgotten.

Reaction Score
The problem is that UC is losing to teams they should put away handily with their talent level. It's dissapointing to watch

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The problem is that UC is losing to teams they should put away handily with their talent level. It's dissapointing to watch

Tulsa was heavily undersold here though. They're definitely a cut above Houston and the directional Floridas.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I love UConn Basketball more than I love myself, yet what is it with this fanbase/board? Why is it whenever someone chooses to show even the slightest sign of displeasure with what he has seen, everyone's response is to gang up on them and attack their level of fandom, as if it makes them "better" fans in any way. When bad performances occur, there must be room for criticism, or else things will not improve. The behavior of some fans on this board reminds me of the Conservatives on Fox News: Obama "The U.S. needs to disassociate itself from the Middle East", Fox Analyst "Obama clearly doesnt love America, these are the words of a traitor."

The OP posted literally one line of text and everyone is burying him for it, and the best part? What he said is 100% reasonable based on the things seen from this team by any RATIONAL individual. Grow up guys.

Reaction Score
Why do people still expect us to cakewalk through the conference? Just mindboggling!

Reaction Score
A bad night doesn't make us an NIT team. There are plenty of games left and the bubble has been getting softer every year. It might sound silly, but this team can lose a few game and still actually make the tournament without getting an auto bid.

Reaction Score
I love UConn Basketball more than I love myself, yet what is it with this fanbase/board? Why is it whenever someone chooses to show even the slightest sign of displeasure with what he has seen, everyone's response is to gang up on them and attack their level of fandom, as if it makes them "better" fans in any way. When bad performances occur, there must be room for criticism, or else things will not improve. The behavior of some fans on this board reminds me of the Conservatives on Fox News: Obama "The U.S. needs to disassociate itself from the Middle East", Fox Analyst "Obama clearly doesnt love America, these are the words of a traitor."

The OP posted literally one line of text and everyone is burying him for it, and the best part? What he said is 100% reasonable based on the things seen from this team by any RATIONAL individual. Grow up guys.
Thank you

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Rose colored glasses, take them off. I feel for Boat, this team isn't making the dance. NIT bound.

Reaction Score
I love UConn Basketball more than I love myself, yet what is it with this fanbase/board? Why is it whenever someone chooses to show even the slightest sign of displeasure with what he has seen, everyone's response is to gang up on them and attack their level of fandom, as if it makes them "better" fans in any way. When bad performances occur, there must be room for criticism, or else things will not improve.
I agree. Fans should be allowed to vent right after the game without attacks on their fandom or intelligence. Let's face it, this team is tough to watch this year. I am interested to see what happens in the next couple weeks, I do not think a NCAA bid is out of the question and Tulsa is a quality opponent on the road. We shall see.

Reaction Score

No. It wasn't reasonable. Tulsa was favored to win the game. UConn's chances are not "pretty bleak".

Reaction Score
We'll probably need to win the AAC tourney. These WTF losses are gonna happen this year. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
No. It wasn't reasonable. Tulsa was favored to win the game. UConn's chances are not "pretty bleak".

I'm sure by the end of the night everyone will be back on the "UConn is the team no one is going to want to see in the Final Four" wagon, but Tulsa was trash. All you had to do to know that was watch the game. That they were favored might say something, but I don't know that it says they're a good team.

Reaction Score
this team has had a very tough early schedule. Texas, Duke, West Virginia and Dayton early on. The losses are notso critical s one would believe. disappointing sure, but most were expected. they have had some late quality wins and they were beaten in Tulsa. they still play decent defense, but their free throw shooting is killing them. I wouldn't worry too much yet, but they definitely have to take advantage of their free throw opportunities.

Reaction Score
I'm sure by the end of the night everyone will be back on the "UConn is the team no one is going to want to see in the Final Four" wagon, but Tulsa was trash. All you had to do to know that was watch the game. That they were favored might say something, but I don't know that it says they're a good team.

They're 35th in the RPI, a top 30 defensive team and have two 15 ppg scorers. Not saying they're '91 UNLV, but there are a lot of teams on the schedule that are a lot, lot worse, and would have a negative effect on the computer numbers.

Reaction Score
They're 35th in the RPI, a top 30 defensive team and have two 15 ppg scorers. Not saying they're '91 UNLV, but there are a lot of teams on the schedule that are a lot, lot worse, and would have a negative effect on the computer numbers.

I'm sure that the board will be awash in reassuring Ken Pom data and RPI figures. Which will not really do much to change the fact that the UConn Huskies just got handled by Tulsa and looked pretty inept doing it. But hey, maybe it's a new day and we need to adjust our standards. Maybe a loss to Tulsa is no biggie in 2015, what do I know, I'm getting old.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Really? Are you serious, its NOT reasonable AT ALL to, maybe, just maybe, think this team can miss the tournament? Do you even watch basketball or do you just look at the point spread and compare the number of national titles each program has pregame? We lost to Tulsa at their place, and Tulsa isnt a bad team, but anyone that watched the game would say Tulsa was "average" as to what UConn has seen this season. That game was up for grabs, yet every time we did something "right/good", we immediately dollowed it up with something awful.

This team wont be going far, NOT because we, as fans, dont "support" them enough, but because they are fundamentally flawed in the way the players are composed. We have NO true and natural shooters, we have only a single true ball handler (who is already being asked to play out of his natural position; Boat), and no true second option (DHam started off fantastic but has been a TO machine the last few games, and Purvis, well... he has not been as advertised, he lacks natural basketball skills). So based on these observations that have held relatively steady throughout this entire season, I dont think its out of the question to say this team misses the tournament. The only way we get in is if we sweep the AAC tournament, yet judging from a team that cant string together 3 wins in this conference, that may be a long shot. Many also seem to forget the disrespect the Selection Committee showed the AAC last year where it was MUCH stronger overall, what makes anyone think this weaker top-to-bottom conference will be treated any different?

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but with a loss to Tulsa tonight, our chances of making the tournament as an at large bid are looking pretty bleak
Now im not too upset about missing the game. Sounds like the boys had some jet lag. Trips out west do a number on teams sometimes. I think we`ll see them bounce back against the trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom