Not a surprise...looks like Pinstripe Bowl is going to go to ACC v. Big Ten. AAC in big bowl trouble | The Boneyard

Not a surprise...looks like Pinstripe Bowl is going to go to ACC v. Big Ten. AAC in big bowl trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While the hits keep on coming, losing the Pinstripe isn't a surprise.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ig-ten-acc-in-discussions-with-pinstripe-bowl

AAC's bowl lineup

Russell-Big 12 v. ACC ( Old Big East/AAC dropped)

Belk will be SEC v. ACC (Old Big East/AAC dropped)

Pinstripe Big Ten v. ACC (Old Big East/AAC dropped)

BBVA Compass- B'ham lost its sponsor. Who knows if it continues.

So that leaves Liberty Bowl AAC v. CUSA or SEC and Beef O'Brady's AAC v. CUSA, and B'ham Bowl v. SEC

One big problem is matching up #1 mwc won't be easy because they'll favor playing #5 pac 14 team in las vegas over top AAC team that doesn't go to access bowl as the representative of the nonpower 5.

Bleak, depressing. But exciting and novel at the same time!

Reaction Score

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ig-ten-acc-in-discussions-with-pinstripe-bowl

AAC's bowl lineup

Russell-Big 12 v. ACC ( Old Big East/AAC dropped)

Belk will be SEC v. ACC (Old Big East/AAC dropped)

Pinstripe Big Ten v. ACC (Old Big East/AAC dropped)

So that leaves Liberty Bowl AAC v. CUSA or SEC and Beef O'Brady's AAC v. CUSA, and B'ham Bowl v. SEC

One big problem is matching up #1 mwc won't be easy because they'll favor playing #5 pac 14 team in las vegas over top AAC team that doesn't go to access bowl as the representative of the nonpower 5.

They need somewhere for Rutgers and Syracse to play...

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
What this makes me worry about is if UConn has a good season and then gets left without a post-season bowl opportunity due to not enough slots for the AAC. No extra practices, no opportunities for fans to travel, etc. That would just suck.

Fact is, as much as people complain about the conference, we would really need to consistently finish in top 2 to be a player and given the past two seasons, I'm just not feeling that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are in a southern conference. There is no reason for the northern bowls to maintain agreements with the AAC. I am a little surprised about the Belk, because ECU would bring a ton of fans, while the SEC may not even send a team some years which would flip that bowl over to the MAC or Sun Belt.

Reaction Score

Always good to hear from the board's resident whiner.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
What's going to suck is becoming bowl eligible and having to travel to the middle of nowhere for a bowl. For the 10 people that will go.

Reaction Score
With Syracuse going to the ACC and Rutgers going to the B1G shortly after it makes sense... NY identifies moreso with those schools and not us ( still )....

Reaction Score
I guess I'm a whiner if I'm...I dunno...just posting info that has a direct bearing on UConn football.

In that vein, better to be a resident whiner than a resident:

article-1264092-081D0A9F000005DC-144_468x3392.jpg

Always good to hear from the board's resident whiner.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Does anyone else keep reading AAC as ACC? I did it twice in just the first posting. What a mess.
Yup... THREE times WITH my glasses on...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think that if you get bowl-eligible, you get to have the practices. Even if you don't get a bowl.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our suckhole reality is that we need bowls that are near the urban centers of the conference.

Orlando
Tampa
Dallas
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis

All easy to fly in and out of from everywhere in the conference. Many are driveable for a majority of the teams. And all are good places to party for 3-4 days.

And then figure out what's left over.

Reaction Score
What's going to suck is getting bowl eligible and not have a bowl to play in.

Reaction Score
Our suckhole reality is that we need bowls that are near the urban centers of the conference.

Orlando
Tampa
Dallas
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis

All easy to fly in and out of from everywhere in the conference. Many are driveable for a majority of the teams. And all are good places to party for 3-4 days.

I agree. There will be bowls in Texas, Florida, and Liberty Bowl. Pinstripe is not a good match for the AAC schools. Belk would have been OK, but I doubt Florida and Texas teams would travel that well to Charlotte. Key is not the bowls, but who are the opponents.

Reaction Score
I agree UConnJim... to bad about the Belk. But having said that, I really hope the AAC can line up something permenate in Las Vegas with the MWC. And I would also think we (AAC) would get one of those bowl games in New Orleans.

Reaction Score
I guess I'm a whiner if I'm...I dunno...just posting info that has a direct bearing on UConn football.

In that vein, better to be a resident whiner than a resident:

article-1264092-081D0A9F000005DC-144_468x3392.jpg

The opposite of whining is not having your head buried in the sand. The opposite of whining is not whining.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Orlando
Tampa
Dallas
Houston
New Orleans
Memphis

The hard part will be guaranteeing ticket sales to the bowl. Here's an idea. Assign the bowls ahead of time. Once you are bowl eligible you get assigned to a bowl so you can start selling tickets and making plans. If you make the playoff, obviously you are replaced. Final-ish standings only matter for the opponent. Make pool agreements with other conferences to get the best matchups. You'll avoid last minute travel problems and having fans travel to the same city too often. If UCONN fans know they are going to New Orleans on a certain date if eligible, that will help travel.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

What would they do without their permanent resident, the Pittsburgh Panthers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom