Nostradamblauds | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nostradamblauds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
do u guys read anything i post? if the b10 touches boston it will be both bu and bc. bc as a normal member and bu as a academic member and puck player. it will get the cic into bosoton research so the other schools are happy with it, the b10N into botson as those 2 puck teams alone turn on cable boxes for it to work. it also destroys HE as those 2 are the uconn bball of the big east. the rest of HE slowly dies like the c7 in puck and the b10 in time has monster puck to go on its b10N meanwhile selling espn andfox bball games up the wazzu for cash every night.

JD goes big game hunting, not small cc adding. when he hits a area, he owns it. he will own new england with 3 schools. uconn and the bcu combo. bcu will take a new nickname on to everyone but for us it will have 2 meanings...

Reaction Score
Where's sportsart to tell you that you are more melodramatic than a 14 year old girl?

Huh? You must not have realized the tone behind his comment. The 14 yr old girl comment is usually directed at TDH by more than one poster so I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Reaction Score
Huh? You must not have realized the tone behind his comment. The 14 yr old girl comment is usually directed at TDH by more than one poster so I'm not sure where you're coming from.
Oops. Well, I'll apply it to ZooCougar too. lol Saw some post from you saying that. Thought you were talking to ZC.

Reaction Score
do u guys read anything i post? if the b10 touches boston it will be both bu and bc. bc as a normal member and bu as a academic member and puck player. it will get the cic into bosoton research so the other schools are happy with it, the b10N into botson as those 2 puck teams alone turn on cable boxes for it to work. it also destroys HE as those 2 are the uconn bball of the big east. the rest of HE slowly dies like the c7 in puck and the b10 in time has monster puck to go on its b10N meanwhile selling espn andfox bball games up the wazzu for cash every night.

The hockey factor is interesting from BC's perspective. There have been things written suggesting that another team joining the ACC that has a D1 hockey program could force BC to leave Hockey East, the top hockey conference in the country (I realized B1G has an argument for that title as well). So if possible one would think that BC would 1) fight hard against allowing another program with D1 hockey from coming into the ACC if it would force them to leave Hockey East for the ACC hockey league; or 2) fight really hard to join B1G because they have a great hockey league as well. I don't think either scenario is desirable for BC from a hockey perspective. However, the extra TV money from B1G would ease the pain of not being able to play in the more local conference.

Not sure that BU would accept an invite to B1G for hockey. They don't need to be in the same conference as BC to maintain their rivalry.

I also don't think that BC's lack of AAU membership would really kill their chances with the B1G. They may not be an AAU member but they have a pretty great academic reputation. I think a bigger issue with BC would be their stadium size (its like 45,000) since Delaney initially wanted Rutgers to expand their stadium or look into building a bigger one.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The hockey factor is interesting from BC's perspective. There have been things written suggesting that another team joining the ACC that has a D1 hockey program could force BC to leave Hockey East, the top hockey conference in the country (I realized B1G has an argument for that title as well). So if possible one would think that BC would 1) fight hard against allowing another program with D1 hockey from coming into the ACC if it would force them to leave Hockey East for the ACC hockey league; or 2) fight really hard to join B1G because they have a great hockey league as well. I don't think either scenario is desirable for BC from a hockey perspective. However, the extra TV money from B1G would ease the pain of not being able to play in the more local conference.

Not sure that BU would accept an invite to B1G for hockey. They don't need to be in the same conference as BC to maintain their rivalry.

I also don't think that BC's lack of AAU membership would really kill their chances with the B1G. They may not be an AAU member but they have a pretty great academic reputation. I think a bigger issue with BC would be their stadium size (its like 45,000) since Delaney initially wanted Rutgers to expand their stadium or look into building a bigger one.

1) yes the hockey issue is a interesting one. in puck imagine bc playing a B1g schedule and for ooc just taking the rounds of HE in. completely possible and doable for them and the program they have. they can still play local but also be in the future giant of puck leagues. they can still play beanpot 2 and all that jazz.
2) the bu thing from me is the aau schools in the b10 if they were ok with bc not being a research school, would still want to help the cic and the way to do that is bu. bosotn has a lot of research stuff how ever u want to talk about it, would be a huge win for the auu schools. now that u have bu, bring them for this monster puck league as they are also a quality program and better then the leftovers of HE.
3)foxboro

Reaction Score
1) Agree that BC could make the hockey schedule work even with a move to B1G. Having BU come along would make things a lot easier. Obviously they would still have the beanpot and they can keep on scheduling the UNH's, Northeasterns, etc. Don't think they care about Merrimack all that much.
2) I totally agree that B1G would want BU for hockey...why not, its a no lose situation for them because it doesn't affect anything else. However I am not so sure BU would go for it since they aren't going to get football money to offset the inconvenience.
3) Don't see any way that BC starts playing football games at foxboro. Too far from the campus, students would have a hard time getting there, lack of easy transportation there for alumni, etc.

In the end I can see why people consider BC as a possible choice if B1G goes for 2 more, but I think B1G would be reaching though because I don't think they need BC.

Bringing this back around to how it affects UConn, I think that BC's existence hurts UConn's chances because BC's football program is more established (even if the quality is about the same), it has more highly rated academics, and brings another revenue producing program in hockey. UConn should want BC to be tapped by B1G because it would free up another spot in the ACC and presumably get rid of one of the schools that has been actively working to keep them out of the ACC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i guess u could technically say bc could expand the stadium they have also. i think i rule it out becuase they struggle so much with the neighbors to do anything building wise and parking is the worst in bcs but u could prob do a 2nd tier on the one endzone and a 3rd tier above the side looking at the press across the field if i remember the stadium correctly.

Reaction Score
i guess u could technically say bc could expand the stadium they have also. i think i rule it out becuase they struggle so much with the neighbors to do anything building wise and parking is the worst in bcs but u could prob do a 2nd tier on the one endzone and a 3rd tier above the side looking at the press across the field if i remember the stadium correctly.

You're right about the BC expansion. They would face very strong opposition from the neighbors on any further expansion because they already faced it back in the mid 90's when they expanded the first time. The most realistic expansion I think that they could pull off would be to "connect the corners" of the already-existing 2nd tier I think. There is a decent amount of empty space there and could possibly get the stadium to 55-60k.

I know UConn could expand their stadium, but given the attendance numbers I am not sure how they would justify it. I don't think either school is a particularly good fit for the B1G, as much as I'd like to see UConn get the nod.

Reaction Score
Boston University will never be admitted to a football-centric athletic conference without a football team.

Here is a list of ten schools that will have their athletics teams playing in the Big Ten before BU:
1) Notre Dame
2) Texas
3) Boston College
4) Connecticut
5) Syracuse
6) Kansas
7) University of Chicago
8) California
9) Army
10) North Dakota

Reaction Score
Boston University will never be admitted to a football-centric athletic conference without a football team.

Here is a list of ten schools that will have their athletics teams playing in the Big Ten before BU:
1) Notre Dame
2) Texas
3) Boston College
4) Connecticut
5) Syracuse
6) Kansas
7) University of Chicago
8) California
9) Army
10) North Dakota

Yeah, that's been a strange turn on this topic. BU isn't anywhere on the Big Ten radar. Hockey is nice Friday night filler material for the Big Ten Network, but any school that doesn't play football is irrelevant to the Big Ten. They want nothing to do with partial hybrid memberships (or else they would have been willing to give Notre Dame one a long time ago).

Heck, BU isn't even on the radar of the new Catholic 7 conference that's looking for private schools in major markets (and that actually makes a little bit of sense from an institutional fit perspective). BU fits right in where it's in now with the Patriot League.

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's been a strange turn on this topic. BU isn't anywhere on the Big Ten radar. Hockey is nice Friday night filler material for the Big Ten Network, but any school that doesn't play football is irrelevant to the Big Ten. They want nothing to do with partial hybrid memberships (or else they would have been willing to give Notre Dame one a long time ago).

Heck, BU isn't even on the radar of the new Catholic 7 conference that's looking for private schools in major markets (and that actually makes a little bit of sense from an institutional fit perspective). BU fits right in where it's in now with the Patriot League.

You're wrong on this Tank. BU is notoriously known as an anti-athletic school. They see themselves as brothers with NYU. If it weren't for the hockey boosters and locals, they'd do away with hockey too, and stripping Jack Parker of his powers was an initial move toward that. BU, in case you didn't know, has been offered moves up multiple times in the past, and declined each and every time. They're like Holy Cross and NYU in this regard, and they ain't suffering for it (i.e. for refusing to compete at the highest levels). I know for a fact that they've been offered way back when Jack Parker was AD.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im talking just bu puck, nothing else fwiw. just puck and aau.

Reaction Score
Oops. Well, I'll apply it to ZooCougar too. lol Saw some post from you saying that. Thought you were talking to ZC.

Where's the psychiatrist to declare you batshit crazy?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Right now, C-USA is working off of a dual tv deal (if I understand it correctly) between FOX and CBS that pays out about 1.2 million per team. I would be interested to know two things:

1) Does a merger void those contracts?
2) How much more do we believe that we would get out of a tv deal?

It's pretty sad to think that we are almost certainly going to make less money in future tv dollars than we currently make....ughh!....

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...ence-usa-signs-new-tv-agreement-with-fox.html

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
im talking just bu puck, nothing else fwiw. just puck and aau.

They add nothing to the B1G. Nothing. Hell, they add nothing to the Patriot league.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reaction Score
Which is nothing to the B1G.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

B1G is Ann Arbor. Ever been to a hockey game in Ann Arbor? When I lived there for a few years, I can tell you for certain that there are huge boosters in town who treated Red Berenson like a god. These guys have Delany's ear.

Do I think BU to the B1G is preposterous? Yes. Does BU have anything to offer B1G hockey? Of course it does. Is hockey important to the B1G? Absolutely. As important as football? Huh? No one said that. Nor as important as basketball. But come to think of it, way more important than soccer or baseball even if only 6 schools play it currently.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
B1G is Ann Arbor. Ever been to a hockey game in Ann Arbor? When I lived there for a few years, I can tell you for certain that there are huge boosters in town who treated Red Berenson like a god. These guys have Delany's ear.

Do I think BU to the B1G is preposterous? Yes. Does BU have anything to offer B1G hockey? Of course it does. Is hockey important to the B1G? Absolutely. As important as football? Huh? No one said that. Nor as important as basketball. But come to think of it, way more important than soccer or baseball even if only 6 schools play it currently.

I understand that. But all it suggests to me is that Frank is right and we underestimate the appeal BC has. It is one of two FBS playing schools with stellar hockey that the B1G could add. We know they want the other.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104