Nostradamblauds | The Boneyard

Nostradamblauds

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Blaudschun trying out the prediction game... he thinks if Spaz doesn't go to the NFL he might wind up at UConn as PP's DC. Also thinks Boise/SDSU wind up staying in the football league formerly known as the Big East, BigTen waiting till summer to look again at GT, UNC, BC, or Kansas. And it sounds like he thinks UConn has the edge over Cincy if the ACC needs to replenish.

Reaction Score
He just wrecked his credibility by thinking BC has a chance with the B1G.

Reaction Score
Right - Plus there is no way the rumor is true that Rutgers is going to the BiG. Never rule anything out.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Blaudschun trying out the prediction game... he thinks if Spaz doesn't go to the NFL he might wind up at UConn as PP's DC. Also thinks Boise/SDSU wind up staying in the football league formerly known as the Big East, BigTen waiting till summer to look again at GT, UNC, BC, or Kansas. And it sounds like he thinks UConn has the edge over Cincy if the ACC needs to replenish.

With the exception of who he thinks are the most likely candidates for B1G expansion, I agree with pretty much everything he's said. I think most people do. I have already said that I believe Spaz should likely be target #1 for DC for UConn. I'm not sure if there is any prior relationship between him and Pasqualoni, but he's a very good DC and I think he'll do well here.

As for ACC expansion, I believe that UConn has the edge also. As for Big East expansion, I agree that Boise and SDSU are likely staying, simply due to the differences in dollar values of the respective tv contracts. The Fresno acquisition locks that up in stone...

Reaction Score
If he is correct, then the NNNBE will be in a better position than the ACC, at that point, who cares if we have the advantage. If the 4 schools mentioned go to the B1G, the the Big 12 will likely already have made a move on FSU, Miami and Clemson or the SEC will have their choice of those three as well as NC St and Va Tech. Ironically, the only teams left will be Wake, Louisville, Pitt and Cuse. How sweet would it be if those 3 paid a exit fee to the NNNBE, then had to pay some kind of entrance fee to come back (karma would be a wonderful thing).

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
BC won't be invited unless Delany thinks that they are the ultimate carrot to lure Notre Dame out of the ACC. I don't understand why BC would be on the B1G's radar for any reason other than that. A private school with crappy athletics and no fanbase. They're lucky to be in the ACC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u guys are sleeping on bcu. i can't believe im saying that but u are...

Reaction Score
u guys are sleeping on bcu. i can't believe im saying that but u are...

As a Big Ten guy, I personally don't think BC is a target (and frankly don't think the Big Ten will expand further without at least a UNC-level addition at this point), but you're right to say not to sleep on them. Many fans underrate how much power conference university presidents overrate the value of BC (if you understand what I'm saying). They have legit clout, whether it's justified or not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Right - Plus there is no way the rumor is true that Rutgers is going to the BiG.
Well aren't they going to look silly with their billboards and such.

Reaction Score
Shhh. You will upset upstater. Blauds is the only reliable source of info there is. Even though his current MO is to throw every possibility that exists on his blog and take credit when one of them is right. Guy lifts 99% of his stuff off other people's blogs, tweets and gossip. Blauds history as a reporter was so stellar that he set a weekly record at the Globe for error corrections in the next day's newspaper. He is the most reliable news source we have. Do not anger him.

Reaction Score
Shhh. You will upset upstater. Blauds is the only reliable source of info there is. Even though his current MO is to throw every possibility that exists on his blog and take credit when one of them is right. Guy lifts 99% of his stuff off other people's blogs, tweets and gossip. Blauds history as a reporter was so stellar that he set a weekly record at the Globe for error corrections in the next day's newspaper. He is the most reliable news source we have. Do not anger him.

You are excelling at bizarre posts. Blaudschun says he is guessing, making predictions, and yes, he frequently gets that wrong. So what? Who cares?

And then he reports news from his sources, he comes out first with it, before any other reporter.

You honestly can't tell the difference?

What's wrong with you?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's abundantly clear from the title and tone of this blog post that he's having fun making guesses. But apparently if he does that it means he's a *ty reporter even though everybody else in the reporting business does it. And random people on twitter just doe the rumor / guessing thing without the reporting thing, but maybe we should listen to them instead because they say stuff we'd rather hear.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for UConn this is true...
But BC isn't AAU. If they take BC, that's just the B1G admitting location and cable is far more important than AAU or the success of one's athletic program. But nothing else makes sense, so that does make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom