Who will win this game?

• Northwestern St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I am still a bit surprised Kim still has all these cupcakes on her schedule especially since the Big12 started league play. For those not fully engaged, that's Central Arkansas, Southern U, Northwestern State, McNeese State coming up and add in USF, Arkansas and UConn as other OOC quality games.

Reaction Score
This game was originally set in November but rescheduled due to COVID at Northwestern St. Coach Mulkey schedules the small schools from Louisiana [her home state] (Southern, Northwestern St., McNeese St., etc.) to get them paydays which allow those schools to “do things” for their WBB programs that otherwise wouldn’t occur [coaches‘ offices upgrades, recruiting budgets, etc]. Obviously it isn’t a huge amount of $ but these games are a financial lifeline for the smaller schools. She does similar games [on a normal size schedule] for smaller Texas/Arkansas schools. Coach Mulkey’s relationships with the coaching staffs at smaller schools in the Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas area are stellar. Realistically, the differences between playing these schools and teams like Rice, SMU, Tulsa or other G5 programs is minimal. Outside the Top 60 teams, the only difference is how large the blowout and if the opponent can keep the lead below 20 at halftime.

Reaction Score
I am still a bit surprised Kim still has all these cupcakes on her schedule especially since the Big12 started league play. For those not fully engaged, that's Central Arkansas, Southern U, Northwestern State, McNeese State coming up and add in USF, Arkansas and UConn as other OOC quality games.
You do realize that Baylor is young in terms of experience coming into the season so we need games where everyone can get good minutes! There are just as much cupcakes on other top teams schedule as well! Just saying

Reaction Score
NWS has scored already. Mulkey isn’t going to be happy with that.

Reaction Score
17-9 BAY at first media break

NSU 3-6 from three but have only taken 7 shots.

Reaction Score
Will Baylor break their record of 140 points scored? They’re on pace to do so

Reaction Score
Kim switched to a zone early in the 3rd quarter. Almost unheard of. Maybe next she'll sit down on the bench and say some nice things about Karen Aston.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Why is NaLyssa Smith still in the game?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Why schedule a game against Northwestern State if you're not gonna run up the score on them? There are records to be broken here! Lambs to be slaughtered!
Kim is just doing her part to bring new fans to the game. What brings more legitimacy to the women's game than a shellacking of the Little(r) Sisters of the Poor? The opposing team has 13 rebounds late in the 4th Q and it's not because they're shooting 80%...SMH

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You do realize that Baylor is young in terms of experience coming into the season so we need games where everyone can get good minutes! There are just as much cupcakes on other top teams schedule as well! Just saying
Just stop. Please tell me another top 5 echelon team year in, year out that plays as many cupcakes as Kim? Seriously, to use the excuse, which is what you just did, that she has a "young team to justify this" is ludicrous.

She's one of the top 5 coaches in the game, is supposed to be a leader of promoting the game and she's playing the list schools regularly scheduled on her OOC is embarrassing and NO, I am not buying that these lesser schools get ANY payday as this is not football and the games are almost always at Baylor.

Yes, there are instances where the Covid situation has forced "a play anyone anywhere" to get games is logical. This is not one of them. Look at her last 10 years of OOC, and tell me she couldn't have scheduled better like ND, UConn, SC, Louisville or even Stanford has. Add in what Texas tries to do and Kim needs to "women up" and take a leadership role.

Reaction Score
Y’all do realize that more years than not Baylor’s SOS is higher than Uconn’s SOS......or do you not?

Reaction Score
Just stop. Please tell me another top 5 echelon team year in, year out that plays as many cupcakes as Kim? Seriously, to use the excuse, which is what you just did, that she has a "young team to justify this" is ludicrous.

She's one of the top 5 coaches in the game, is supposed to be a leader of promoting the game and she's playing the list schools regularly scheduled on her OOC is embarrassing and NO, I am not buying that these lesser schools get ANY payday as this is not football and the games are almost always at Baylor.

Yes, there are instances where the Covid situation has forced "a play anyone anywhere" to get games is logical. This is not one of them. Look at her last 10 years of OOC, and tell me she couldn't have scheduled better like ND, UConn, SC, Louisville or even Stanford has. Add in what Texas tries to do and Kim needs to "women up" and take a leadership role.
Okay you need to calm down! Why do old men get worked about stupid stuff like this? There are worst things in life to get worked up on!

Reaction Score
I’m a big Kim fan but games like this do no one any good and just makes the sport look bad. If you want to schedule a soft ooc schedule, go for it but they shouldn’t be scheduling teams this bad, ones where the 2nd team is taking the other team to the woodshed by half and a team that can rarely snag a rebound. Baylor is a top program and Kim is a top coach. I expect a little better from Kim.

only thing I have to say is this gives kids reps but no one truly is getting better because of this. Players like N. Smith had no business even playing in the 4th. It was like scrimmaging a hs team today (no offense to nwst)

was nice to see J. Owens today, about the most positive to take from all this

Reaction Score
Y’all do realize that more years than not Baylor’s SOS is higher than Uconn’s SOS......or do you not?

What years did you have in mind? You are correct though, Baylor's SOS are "higher" than UConn's.

1608374023823.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The issue isn't SOS since you don't have a say as to who is in your conference. The issue is Out of Conference SOS. And no one schedules more 300+ RPI games - at home - than Kim does. It's long past the point of being embarrassing.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Not sure what bizzarro world you live in, but the facts I have say your comments is complete BS; To wit:
In the last 10 years of Massey, Baylor has had exactly 2 years of a better rating...so if 2 is > than 8, yeah sure.
Massey
YearUConnBaylorBetter
20202743UC
2019104BU
2018211UC
2017313UC
2016112UC
2015225UC
2014111UC
201313UC
201231BU
201115UC

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Okay you need to calm down! Why do old men get worked about stupid stuff like this? There are worst things in life to get worked up on!
Well, congrats Baylor 1994, I now found a new "Ignore candidate". I am certainly going to call out "less than enlightened posts" about other teams on the UConn forum, even if this is sub level grouping for WCBB. Sorry that you and your fellow Baylor acolytes want to "pom pom" Kim and all her Baylor loyalty, regardless of any facts. when people post drivel they will get called out. You are supposed to have an elite program, act like it. 6 times in the last 10 years of top 10 scheduling says that less than stellar. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom