Northwestern game postponed....Here we go | The Boneyard

Northwestern game postponed....Here we go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Its probably this new XBB variant. I am happy but surprised that it hasn't impacted any of our teams in that it has been spiking in New England and New York since Christmas. My family from MA came down for Christmas and my son-in law brought it with him. Our whole family eventually got it. From what I can read in CDC and JAMA it appears that the immunity from the most recent boosters isn't great with this variant. The data on hospitalizations doesn't look too bad so its hopeful that the symptoms aren't bad. I am more than three weeks from testing positive and two weeks post testing negative and am still symptomatic.

Reaction Score
My wife had it pre-christmas - it was her 3rd round with COVID and the worst one yet. Completely down for 4 days. This is getting tiresome.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wife and daughter both had it before Christmas (second year in a row at that time). Daughter was vomiting for 3-4 days, couldn't keep anything down. ER nurse (there on a different matter) said they are seeing lots of that now. Wife just had cold symptoms, but it lasted like 2 weeks. Somehow, I spent two weeks in a house with them (they got it a week apart) and never got it. Not sure why, but if I had to guess I'd say Vitamin D helps.

Reaction Score
the whole house had it before Christmas...4th time having covid...lasted about 2 days a piece with mild symptoms. would not have known I had it really, if we didn't decide to test because we knew someone else was positive. Really felt like very mild allergies for 2 days.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Let’s stop talking about it. Only way to end it. If you’re scared of it, old, or health-compromised, vax up, mask up, and try to avoid crowds. That’s fine. No one is judging you. Also, inform others if you’re sick. Other than that, we have to live. The show must go on.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Somehow I survived an all-maskless December cross-country work trip to San Diego / Tijuana, two MSG Phish shows over the Christmas break as well as a trip to Hamilton on Broadway last week and have not come down with this new COVAIDS variant.
I think we are at the point of the regular flu now where washing your hands and not going out of your way to lick public handrails is the trick to avoid the nasty viral plagues out there.
But that's just my playbook I guess as other's opening up again results may vary.

Reaction Score
Somehow I survived an all-maskless December cross-country work trip to San Diego / Tijuana, two MSG Phish shows over the Christmas break as well as a trip to Hamilton on Broadway last week and have not come down with this new COVAIDS variant.
I think we are at the point of the regular flu now where washing your hands and not going out of your way to lick public handrails is the trick to avoid the nasty viral plagues out there.
But that's just my playbook I guess as other's opening up again results may vary.
Yeah clearly all of us getting the Vid are going around licking dumpsters, thanks for the science lesson Bill Nye

Reaction Score
I got in NYC for the Phish shows. First time I've gotten it; I thought I was immune. Wasn't as bad as the flu which I had recently as well. I was boostered recently so that may have helped reduce the severity. I also think that the booster prevented me from spreading it b/c I was in close contact with a lot of people at a funeral the day before I got sick, and no one got from me.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Its probably this new XBB variant. I am happy but surprised that it hasn't impacted any of our teams in that it has been spiking in New England and New York since Christmas. My family from MA came down for Christmas and my son-in law brought it with him. Our whole family eventually got it. From what I can read in CDC and JAMA it appears that the immunity from the most recent boosters isn't great with this variant. The data on hospitalizations doesn't look too bad so its hopeful that the symptoms aren't bad. I am more than three weeks from testing positive and two weeks post testing negative and am still symptomatic.
Danny and Kimani out today with Covid, I guess I spoke too soonHead bang

Reaction Score
Had it over Christmas. I was pretty sick for about 4 days but nothing that got me worried. It did take a few weeks to get back to normal. Now that a couple of our coaches have Covid I would expect some players to test positive soon.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr