Northwestern currently beating Duke (on Big Ten Network) | The Boneyard

Northwestern currently beating Duke (on Big Ten Network)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Up 61-44 near the end of the 4th (correction: 3rd) quarter. Currently showing on the Big Ten Network.

It could be a long season for @triaddukefan .

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Northwestern has already beaten Green Bay this season. This could be 2 quality wins for them.
I'm rooting for Northwestern. This program has dealt with a lot in the last couple of years.

Reaction Score
NW ahead 72-54 with less than 4 minutes in the fourth quarter

Reaction Score
Few things (in college sports) make me happier than McCallie getting blown out by an unranked team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How good in Northwestern?
Tough to say exactly, beyond the fact that they're clearly better than last year. They returned almost all of their key contributors from last year's team. They gutted out a tough come-from-behind win at Green Bay and now they dismantled Duke. While it's similarly hard to know just how good GB and Duke are this year (both lost key pieces from last year's teams), neither one is chopped liver.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How good in Northwestern?

A lot better than Duke apparently. :rolleyes:

This is actually no good for Oregon St. Duke visiting Corvallis Dec. 20th, don't want to see them tank this season.

Plebe

Reaction Score

This is actually no good for Oregon St. Duke visiting Corvallis Dec. 20th, don't want to see them tank this season.
Oregon State's OOC strength of schedule really dragged down their seeding in the NCAA tournament last season, I don't see this year's OOC being much better. I don't think Duke or Western Kentucky will be as good as last year, and Texas A&M probably won't be either.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watched the last few minutes of the game. Duke must not have been ready to play today.

They'll come back strong. IMO

Reaction Score
Oregon State's OOC strength of schedule really dragged down their seeding in the NCAA tournament last season, I don't see this year's OOC being much better. I don't think Duke or Western Kentucky will be as good as last year, and Texas A&M probably won't be either.
There is a possibility that Oregon State will play South Carolina & Notre Dame in the Vancouver Showcase. Outside of that, OSU would have to rely upon PAC-12 games. Rooting hard for ASU, Stanford, and Cal in their OOC scheduled games!

Plebe

Reaction Score
There is a possibility that Oregon State will play South Carolina & Notre Dame in the Vancouver Showcase. Outside of that, OSU would have to rely upon PAC-12 games. Rooting hard for ASU, Stanford, and Cal in their OOC scheduled games!
Ah good point. Forgot about that tournament thing. That tournament has quite the strong field. Are you going to watch in person??

Reaction Score
Ah good point. Forgot about that tournament thing. That tournament has quite the strong field. Are you going to watch in person??
I sure wanted to go, but Thanksgiving in my family is tradition, so I'll be watching the stream of these games.

Reaction Score
B

ut it’s good for DePaul who plays Northwestern in December :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I saw this whole game. Northwestern didn't just win, they dominated throughout. So either Northwestern is really good or Duke just shouldn't be ranked. I wouldn't be surprised to see NW in the top 25 in the next few weeks if they keep this up.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I saw this whole game. Northwestern didn't just win, they dominated throughout. So either Northwestern is really good or Duke just shouldn't be ranked. I wouldn't be surprised to see NW in the top 25 in the next few weeks if they keep this up.
I don't think Duke should have been ranked in the first place, frankly. Losing Lambert is a really big blow as well.

Reaction Score
I don't think Duke should have been ranked in the first place, frankly. Losing Lambert is a really big blow as well.

Also Boykin won't be available until early Dec (source).

I wonder if the same people who complain about the few minutes Geno gives to our Freshman also smirk when other teams play their's but lose. The goal is the same, to have the best team come tourney time, but the methods are different.

Duke are without two highly ranked players due to injury and had 3 freshman in their 7 man rotation on opening night, which accounted for a third of their overall minutes.

Off Topic: Goodchild is their only non ESPN Top-100 ranked rotation player. Her favorite female players are DT and Maya (source).

Reaction Score
I'm not exactly a fan of JPM, she doesn't really come across very well with the public,, but has anyone else thought Duke has more than their fair share of injury issues? Every program takes a hit sometimes but Duke seemly looses a one or two expected contributors every season. Duke is a terrific academic school and that alone carries weight but I wonder what the bad vibes are that has taken a program which was on the verge of a breakthrough to the clear cut number 3 program and put them barely in the top 20. The ACC is a strong conference with ND and Louisville joining since JPM started but they lost Maryland to the B10. I feel bad for the numerous young women who have seen their careers derailed or cut short due to injury but I wonder what exactly is going on at Duke that could be contributing to this never ending cycle of career ending or threatening physical issues.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member