Norte Dame could and should save the Big East | The Boneyard

Norte Dame could and should save the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been saying that all along. If Notre Dame would step up UConn won't be going anywhere, neither would Rutgers and I'd bet ya a coffee Pitt and Syracuse would reconsider. BC would even start looking our way again. Maybe even Maryland especially if you add Navy to the mix. Then they would definitely have something to offer ESPN but more importantly........Penn ST. At that point you'd have the third strongest football conference behind the Big 10+ and the SEC. I could live with that. Also, you'd have enough leverage to ask Providence, Marquette, Depaul and Seton hall to kindly leave.

Reaction Score
To quote Steve Martin: "How can you be a millionaire and not pay taxes? First, get a million bucks."

Reaction Score
ND had the perfect chance to save us in 2004. I will never hope for them to save us ever again.

Reaction Score
I've been saying that all along. If Notre Dame would step up UConn won't be going anywhere, neither would Rutgers and I'd bet ya a coffee Pitt and Syracuse would reconsider. BC would even start looking our way again. Maybe even Maryland especially if you add Navy to the mix. Then they would definitely have something to offer ESPN but more importantly........Penn ST. At that point you'd have the third strongest football conference behind the Big 10+ and the SEC. I could live with that. Also, you'd have enough leverage to ask Providence, Marquette, Depaul and Seton hall to kindly leave.

LOL. So if ND would join the Big East as a football member, we would not only get back Cuse & Pitt, but we would also pluck BC, MD, and Penn State out of their respective conferences? Where's that crazy pills video from Wing-U when you need it.

Reaction Score
Perhaps said differently, what the BE should do (and never will) is give ND an ultimatum, letting them know they will be removed from BE unless they fully commit. The conferences aer ALL about football, so having them "in" is no longer an option. If they leave, the fate is officially sealed (at least the removal of the BCS AQ status). But they need a home for their other sports, and who provides them that - perhpas the ACC? That can't hurt.

Oh well, the odds Marinatto would grow a pair are about the same the high and mighty in SB drop their drawers.

Reaction Score
Perhaps said differently, what the BE should do (and never will) is give ND an ultimatum, letting them know they will be removed from BE unless they fully commit. The conferences aer ALL about football, so having them "in" is no longer an option. If they leave, the fate is officially sealed (at least the removal of the BCS AQ status). But they need a home for their other sports, and who provides them that - perhpas the ACC? That can't hurt.

Oh well, the odds Marinatto would grow a pair are about the same the high and mighty in SB drop their drawers.

The problem with giving ND that ultimatum is that there is ZERO chance they join the BE in football and likely pushes them closer to joining a conference. And it may just be the ACC. And in doing so you probably lose UConn to the ACC as well.

In essence, by telling ND you're in as a full member or you're out, you're probably signing the league's death certificate.

Reaction Score
The problem with giving ND that ultimatum is that there is ZERO chance they join the BE in football and likely pushes them closer to joining a conference. And it may just be the ACC. And in doing so you probably lose UConn to the ACC as well.

In essence, by telling ND you're in as a full member or you're out, you're probably signing the league's death certificate.

So what's the downside? The BE is dead man walking right now.

Reaction Score

At this point, I wouldn't call that a loss fo Uconn.

Reaction Score
There are no odds on ND joining the big east. Not one in a million, not one in a billion. No odds. You have a better chance of sleeping with a supermodel tonight, in fact much better. Now there's a thought! ND to the BE is not even a discussion point unless we're passing the bong around and having a good time. I'm OK with that, btw. As long as we all realize it's not something that can happen.

Reaction Score
ND to the BE is not even a discussion point unless we're passing the bong around and having a good time. I'm OK with that, btw. As long as we all realize it's not something that can happen.
Where is this discussion of ND joining the BE? I'm assuming it starts at 4:20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom