Norman Chad hits a Home Run | The Boneyard

Norman Chad hits a Home Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I think Norman Chad is the Dave Kingman of American Sports Columnists (hits a HR ever 20 but strikes out 18 times trying); but, Credit is due. He really has put together a good one here. And the point is right on ... this College Stuff is crazy. Everyone is cheating.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/NCAA-will-never-change-2167650.php

If he's the Dave Kingman of columnists, in addition to striking out 18 of 20 times he'd have to badly misplay a routine fly ball at least once for every column. I know many people think baseball is a boring game, but let me tell you -- the short period where Kingman played RF for the Mets while Reggie was playing it for the Yankees, you couldn't devote one hour to watching a baseball game without being scared that at least one of them was going to take a routine fly ball in the face.

Reaction Score
What were the stinking odds? In hindsight, the same as the odds of us losing the game if we threw on 3rd and long! 100%.

Just kidding. That is fairly funny. I think he should have instinctively understood he wasn't likely to actually be allowed to serve on the jury, but ....

Reaction Score
It is popular, and easy really, to blast the NCAA, but really the NCAA relies on the integrity of the members. It doesn't have a huge police force or any such thing. It doesn't, and I don't think anyone would want it to, run sting operations. If it could and did, there would probably be a whole lot more compliance. What it does, is rely on the member institutions to act with integrity. If they are going to cheat, there really isn't all that much the organization can do to stop them. If they find out, they can bringthe hammer down, try to make the cost of cheating more expensive than the benefits. that's about all. If Ohio State lost 20 scholarships next year and didn't get them back for 5 years, they would feel it. If UCONN got banned from recruiting for a year, they'd probably watch the phones more closely. The crazy rules, and a lot of them are crazy, are like a lot of organizations and a lot of regulatory organizations...they try to deal with some violation of trust by passing a rule. Governments do this all the time. Local governments in connecticut do it as a matter of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom