Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
according to a reliable source

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 251
Reaction Score
So sorry to read this. He was a fan favorite and we were really disappointed for him and UConn when he wasn't able to maintain eligibility. Of course, it took the program bottoming out in the mid-80's after he left to bring the support staff and programs that help all the kids today. Rest in Peace Norman.
The following story is a nice update on his life:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Very sad news about Norman Bailey. My sympathies to his family. Chief

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Rest in Peace, Norman.

A freshman on the team when I became a Husky fan.

Reaction Score
RIP Norman. Condolences to the Bailey family. Gone too soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saw this posted on Twitter and it put a smile on my face
1675093539061.jpeg

First, Bailey could really get up there. Second, it gives you an idea of what seeing a game was like in the old Field House.

Reaction Score
RIP Norm. Way too young. He sure could sky. I remember him from Northwest and UConn when majority of players were from CT.

Reaction Score
A Blue Hills Avenue legend, Norman was a good guy and a great basketball player. My recollection was he was pretty chill, without attitude or ego. The basketball buzz he created in the North End in the 70s was crazy. Keney Park, St. Justin’s CYO, Northwest Catholic, then UConn and playing professionally overseas. We were happy to see one of our own do so well. I'm sorry he passed at such a young age and hope he went peacefully. Will pray for him and his family. Rest in peace, Norman.

Reaction Score
A Blue Hills Avenue legend, Norman was a good guy and a great basketball player. My recollection was he was pretty chill, without attitude or ego. The basketball buzz he created in the North End in the 70s was crazy. Keney Park, St. Justin’s CYO, Northwest Catholic, then UConn and playing professionally overseas. We were happy to see one of our own do so well. I'm sorry he passed at such a young age and hope he went peacefully. Will pray for him and his family. Rest in peace, Norman.
A follow up to my previous post and nice tribute from my brother who played CYO BBall with Norman at St. Justin's: "I remember him well! I loved Norman. He was always the happiest, silliest, goofiest dude on the court and almost always the highest scoring player. Played a lot of ball with Norman. Through school and some pick up ball. Norman liked to complement other players moves and I remember him making me feel very good inside. He was very talented, with a very special personality. A very fun person, people loved to be around. I am very sorry to hear the news. May he rest in peace."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that 1980 season. They should have done better. Corny, Mike McKay, Norm, Bobby Dublin, Vernon G and Karl Hobbs
The 1981 and 82 teams should have done better as well. They would get their win against Cuse and call it a wrap. Three underachieving years in a row followed up with a downturn in recruiting would get a coach 4 more years back then.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that 1980 season. They should have done better. Corny, Mike McKay, Norm, Bobby Dublin, Vernon G and Karl Hobbs
The thing is once the calendar moved from 1980 to 1981 we started the conference schedule and everything changed. The bulk of the were at least similarly talented and there were quite a few coaches on a far different level than Perno.

Rest in peace Norm.

Reaction Score
I remember that 1980-81 season well with Bobby Dulin, Chuck Aleksinas ( the Morris Mountain) and the rest of the team that you mentioned. We traveled to New Haven to see UConn beat Syracuse with Marty Headd. I know that Headd was injured that season but don't remember if he played in New Haven. I then attended my first Big East tournament which was held in Syracuse that year. Somehow we had seats on the court although we bought tickets late.

Then of course, Trent Tucker from Minnesota shot lots out at the Hartford Civic Center beating UConn in the NIT.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
There's a service Friday 2/10 in Hartford. Rest in Power Norman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member