Norlander article - UConn is a "Powerhouse" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Norlander article - UConn is a "Powerhouse"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Doomed-3.jpg

Reaction Score
Watching the Field of 68 podcast from last night and Goodman really is a clown, dude is flat out embarrassing. He's still doing this weird joke shtick thing that he's great buddies with Hurley so he won't feed his ego by talking about how good of a coach he is. And then he moves on to UConn hasn't beaten anyone. The guy is just an embarrassing putz and I've stuck up for him a bit in the past when everyone else bashes him on this board.

I have no idea who the other guy is on the pod but he might be even dumber than Goodman. Dauster, Terrence Oglesby, LaVall Jordan, Robbie Hummel, Chris Mack are all great but a couple of these guys are straight up clowns.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Watching the Field of 68 podcast from last night and Goodman really is a clown, dude is flat out embarrassing. He's still doing this weird joke shtick thing that he's great buddies with Hurley so he won't feed his ego by talking about how good of a coach he is. And then he moves on to UConn hasn't beaten anyone. The guy is just an embarrassing putz and I've stuck up for him a bit in the past when everyone else bashes him on this board.

I have no idea who the other guy is on the pod but he might be even dumber than Goodman. Dauster, Terrence Oglesby, LaVall Jordan, Robbie Hummel, Chris Mack are all great but a couple of these guys are straight up clowns.
Greg Waddell. He Blows.

Goodman is just a straight up horrible human being. He blasted out on Twitter the name of the Houston restaurant jordan might’ve got food poisoning it. Not to support jordan or anything, but simply because the guy is a tool and takes glee in being one. There is no way to be sure what it was with jordan, so Goodman playing a dangerous game . I hope that restaurant sues the pants off him.

Reaction Score
Greg Waddell. He Blows.

Goodman is just a straight up horrible human being. He blasted out on Twitter the name of the Houston restaurant jordan might’ve got food poisoning it. Not to support jordan or anything, but simply because the guy is a tool and takes glee in being one. There is no way to be sure what it was with jordan, so Goodman playing a dangerous game . I hope that restaurant sues the pants off him.
I saw that, just a totally ridiculous tweet. You simply don't do things like that to people/establishments.

You're right, trolling is one thing but he's just not a good guy.

Reaction Score

A couple of them (Waddell and Goodman) were apparently trolling Dauster. But it really came across like they were butthurt lol.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is not an arrogant or coronation statement. This is a matter of fact business approach to a mission that is not finished and it's stated without faux humility. Very refreshing.

Love that Tristen is not talking about himself. I don't think there has been a player on this team who has had to make a bigger adjustment to his style of play than Tristen. Adama is a close second but Tristen is the player who gets the most touches on offensive possessions.

It's a cliche but the players on this team exemplify the meaning of team play! Egos are absolutely subverted for team success. We are blessed to have this group!

This is the way!

Reaction Score
From last NCAA Tournament win in 2016 to a National Championship would be special.

Reaction Score
Greg Waddell. He Blows.

Note to self… don’t order calamari in Texas.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Greg Waddell. He Blows.

I had the same thought when I saw the tweet. Completely baseless speculation that could take business away from a potentially uninvolved party. Hurley should stop talking to him at this point.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Oh, that article was good. It was real good.

This is among our best teams ever. Top 2.
Top 5 but not top 2. 06 and 09 were better teams. 99 and 04 were also better. You put any of those teams in this tourney and we get a similar result. But to be fair we dont see many of those type of teams in cbb anymore.

Reaction Score
Top 5 but not top 2. 06 and 09 were better teams. 99 and 04 were also better. You put any of those teams in this tourney and we get a similar result. But to be fair we dont see many of those type of teams in cbb anymore.
I'm going to disagree on the '06 team. They were great up front, had a lot of draft picks, and had a great regular season but they were playing their worst basketball when it mattered the most. They also had no depth at guard. This team is deep as hell and playing by far their best basketball when it matters the most. I'll take this squad. I also think this squad will have more guys who last in the NBA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Top 5 but not top 2. 06 and 09 were better teams. 99 and 04 were also better.
That 06 team is consistently overrated. They were barely a team. This team wins by 20. The 09 team loses without Dyson, not enough scoring. With would be a good battle. Thabeet v Sanogo/Clingon

Reaction Score
I'm going to disagree on the '06 team. They were great up front, had a lot of draft picks, and had a great regular season but they were playing their worst basketball when it mattered the most. They also had no depth at guard. This team is deep as hell and playing by far their best basketball when it matters the most. I'll take this squad. I also think this squad will have more guys who last in the NBA.
Hard to argue that.

Reaction Score
That 06 team is consistently overrated. They were barely a team. This team wins by 20. The 09 team loses without Dyson, not enough scoring. With would be a good battle. Thabeet v Sanogo/Clingon
Healthy Dyson. Youre insane if you think this team beats that team by 20. Might be the other way around just ask louisville.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You could take any one player other than maybe sanogo or Newton off this team and it would still be capable of beating anyone in the country.

They beat Iowa St by 20 with Hawkins and Sanogo having a combined 6 pts

Reaction Score
I do not like this article at all. It reads like what 99% of the national sporting press was saying about Duke in '99.
Not a fan of early coronations. The difference here however is that in 99 Duke was 1 and we were at worst 1a. SDSU certainly could win but they are not in the same class as our team from 99

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom