Nov30 (Sun) at Texas
DEC03 (WED) ST. FRANCIS
Dec07 (Sun) at Lipscomb
Dec14 (Sun) at Rutgers
DEC16 (TUE) WICHITA STATE
DEC20 (SAT) STANFORD
DEC28 (SUN) OREGON STATE
Jan19 (Mon) at Notre Dame

9 easy ones, 2 possibly interesting (RU and Stan), and 2 challenges (Tx, ND)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn has really dropped from the elite teams. All that talent and they cant go anywhere. Almost every game is a struggle and they dont change their system or improve it. Its insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over again and thinking things will change. But they have hope. DD will be there next season. Many great teams have off seasons. Tenn has simply dropped from the ranks and doesnt scare anybody anymore.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/073114aaa.html

NOV14 (FRI) PENN
NOV17 (MON) ORAL ROBERTS
NOV21 (FRI) WINTHROP
NOV24 (MON) TENNESSEE STATE
Nov26 (Wed) at Chattanooga
Nov30 (Sun) at Texas
DEC03 (WED) ST. FRANCIS
Dec07 (Sun) at Lipscomb
Dec14 (Sun) at Rutgers
DEC20 (SAT) STANFORD
DEC28 (SUN) OREGON STATE

Oregon State is no pushover. Ask Notre Dame.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Tenn has really dropped from the elite teams. All that talent and they cant go anywhere. Almost every game is a struggle and they dont change their system or improve it. Its insanity to keep doing the same thing over and over again and thinking things will change. But they have hope. DD will be there next season. Many great teams have off seasons. Tenn has simply dropped from the ranks and doesnt scare anybody anymore.
Tony - only a UConn fan could say all this. Elite, no, I agree. Everything else - well, Sweet 16 and SEC Tourney Championship and 29-6 record with OOC losses to Stanford, Notre Dame and Maryland and victories over UNC, Georgia Tech, Virginia and Texas. Sorry, they have not dropped from the ranks.

Reaction Score
I'm old enough to remember when Tennessee played the best non conference schedule.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
the program formerly known as the evil empire, of course
Formally? It still is as far as I'm concerned. We'll I suppose "empire" is a stretch.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Oregon State is no pushover. Ask Notre Dame.
Ruth Hamblin (6'6" post) gave ND fits, with 9 blocks in the game. As a sophomore last season she set the PAC 12 season record with 141 blocks (19th best ever in Division I). Oregon St. lost only senior guard Alyssa Martin (16 minutes and 3.7 points per game) from a team that lost to South Carolina by 9 in the second round of the NCAA tournament. And they have only 1 senior in this year's squad, so they should be even better next season.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
All I know is I'm tired of us losing to them, I'd say Tennessee, out of all teams RU has played on a regular basis the last 10 years or so....I'd say that Tenn is the team I dislike the most(UConn was a close second for a stretch). You can call me bitter, but I am holding a grudge over clockgate, losing to them for the national championship in 07', etc.

So I'm so looking forward to 12/14....hopefully it will be on national tv.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
All I know is I'm tired of us losing to them, I'd say Tennessee, out of all teams RU has played on a regular basis the last 10 years or so....I'd say that Tenn is the team I dislike the most(UConn was a close second for a stretch). You can call me bitter, but I am holding a grudge over clockgate, losing to them for the national championship in 07', etc.

So I'm so looking forward to 12/14....hopefully it will be on national tv.
I'll clarify my "like" of this post, because I don't particularly dislike Tennessee, I just dislike losing to them.

And I have never so much "disliked" UConn as wished other teams would /could break into the UConn party. Hasn't happened yet.

There are teams I don't like, some for what I think are respectable reasons and some, no good reason at all.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
http://www.utsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/073114aaa.html

NOV14 (FRI) PENN
NOV17 (MON) ORAL ROBERTS
NOV21 (FRI) WINTHROP
NOV24 (MON) TENNESSEE STATE
Nov26 (Wed) at Chattanooga
Nov30 (Sun) at Texas
DEC03 (WED) ST. FRANCIS
Dec07 (Sun) at Lipscomb
Dec14 (Sun) at Rutgers
DEC20 (SAT) STANFORD
DEC28 (SUN) OREGON STATE

Boy, that's a real gauntlet. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'll clarify my "like" of this post, because I don't particularly dislike Tennessee, I just dislike losing to them.

And I have never so much "disliked" UConn as wished other teams would /could break into the UConn party. Hasn't happened yet.

There are teams I don't like, some for what I think are respectable reasons and some, no good reason at all.
It's OK - you can dislike them here with no justification.

Reaction Score
Texas, Notre Dame, Stanford, Oregon State, and @ Chattanooga are all good tests. Wichita State is on the schedule because of former Lady Vols Jody Adams and Bridgette Gordon... and because they have a solid mid major program. UTC wasn't so kind to Holly the first go so I look forward to that game. UNC would have come to Knoxville this year if Diamond didn't decide to come much earlier and by herself. Maryland will always be a no go from my understanding. Brenda is liked about as much as Geno or Matt Mitchell in Knoxville. Duke says no and apparently a lot of other BCS schools have said no to Tennessee. Times have changed for two reasons regarding schedule. Most of the big conferences have big TV contracts so they don't need the money a Tennessee game used to get them and the SEC schedule is longer so there is less room to work with. I would love to see NC State, Ohio State, Penn State, and maybe another ACC school on our schedule.

Personally, while I'm proud my team has a reputation for brutal schedules, I think I like this better with how the SEC is shaping up. Our schedule looks pretty darn good when you add in the SEC slate. I believe we have to travel to both Columbia and Lexington this year. No need to kill ourselves before conference.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is a test and Texas could be competitive.

If TENN doesn't wax the remainder of that list, including Stanford, I'd be surprised.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The road game at Texas doesn't stand out as much as ND, but clearly Karen Aston would like a signature-ish win. Imani M-S really has a chance to blossom, and she's as much of a physical mismatch as Griner was (though BG was more gifted and athletic, obviously).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom