Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can't see the difference in LSU's program in this short year than where it was recently under Fargas?

If Nikki were still driving the bus, LSU would have remained subpar and M. Williams was very likely leaving the state for another school. She visited Baylor and Ole Miss more than LSU when Nikki was here.

No Angel Reese, No Alexis Morris, no etc. Playing in empty PMAC. The program was dead inside and needed new life. They had not won a NCAAT game in almost a decade until this past year as well.
Right. Like the excitement around this program has people who was just focused on football and men's basketball tuning in.

Getting Williams is exciting. But I was also highly anticipating the team we have this fall as well.

I loved Fargas, but this is how you really run a program. From the inside out

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not so sure that 2024 #1 is staying home. Have a strong feeling education is going to play a large role in her decision. That being said, Dawn has plenty of talent and keeps bringing it in!

Don't know who you are talking about, but I know where she SHOULD go to school.

Reaction Score
Hadn’t noticed much about them. Did then win something other than the recruiting war for Williams?
I think you’re missing the overall point. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything.

Kim took a program that won 9 games the year before then won 26 games. They won their first NCAAT game in nearly a decade. They smashed an attendance record this year, more people attended games this year alone than the last 4 combined. Then they have had some great news on the recruiting trail lately.

Yes we aren’t UConn where everything is measured in national titles but considering where this program was over a year ago, forgive me for being super excited. Yes a lot has changed in a short time and there is a lot to be excited about. It’s more than just landing one recruit

Reaction Score
I think you’re missing the overall point. Not trying to be disrespectful or anything.

Kim took a program that won 9 games the year before then won 26 games. They won their first NCAAT game in nearly a decade. They smashed an attendance record this year, more people attended games this year alone than the last 4 combined. Then they have had some great news on the recruiting trail lately.

Yes we aren’t UConn where everything is measured in national titles but considering where this program was over a year ago, forgive me for being super excited. Yes a lot has changed in a short time and there is a lot to be excited about. It’s more than just landing one recruit
That’s fine. Not being disrespectful but not a fan so I truly hadn’t noticed. All good. Your excitement is warranted.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
You can't see the difference in LSU's program in this short year than where it was recently under Fargas?

If Nikki were still driving the bus, LSU would have remained subpar and M. Williams was very likely leaving the state for another school. She visited Baylor and Ole Miss more than LSU when Nikki was here.

No Angel Reese, No Alexis Morris, no etc. Playing in empty PMAC. The program was dead inside and needed new life. They had not won a NCAAT game in almost a decade until this past year as well.
What about no Esmery Martinez? :p

Reaction Score
Not so sure that 2024 #1 is staying home. Have a strong feeling education is going to play a large role in her decision. That being said, Dawn has plenty of talent and keeps bringing it in!

SC offers a good education and Dawn has been recruiting her the longest of any other coaches. Not saying that she can’t leave home but education wouldn’t be the deciding factor IMO.

Reaction Score
SC offers a good education and Dawn has been recruiting her the longest of any other coaches. Not saying that she can’t leave home but education wouldn’t be the deciding factor IMO.
I think all colleges offer a good education, so not meant as a diss on their academics. She has just been pretty vocal about academics. A quote from her below:

"I work hard with my academics. It is called a student-athlete and academics always comes first."

On her twitter bio, the first thing she states, even before before her bball accomplishments, is ‘4.995 GPA’. She has mentioned being recruited by Harvard and Yale, which are likely not where she ends up, but I do think it shows her interest in particular types of schools. She obviously can change at any time, connect with a certain school or coach, but just based on her interviews and the way she has chosen to present herself, she seems to be rather academic focused, and I have a feeling it is going to play a large role in her decision.

Reaction Score
What about no Esmery Martinez? :p
Would love to have her but if we are choosing between Reese and Martinez, I’m choosing Reese every day of the week

Great grab for Arizona though

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This is great for LSU. More competition in the SEC is a good thing. Players want to play with and against the best and the SEC offers that opportunity across multiple sports, now increasingly so in WBB.

Reaction Score
Dawn has #1 2024 player in her back yard. Also #17 2023 in her back yard as well. Those two along with #1 2021 and #5 2022 I think Dawn will sleep very well at night.
Dawn will always sleep well with whichever players she gets. Like Geno, she is confident in her skills as a coach and leader. She’ll continue to be successful.

Reaction Score
Dawn will always sleep well with whichever players she gets. Like Geno, she is confident in her skills as a coach and leader. She’ll continue to be successful.
And that's that. I like that we may see some competitive action in the conference with heavy top favorites. Dawn gonna get her talent. Kim will get hers. Kellie looks like she's gonna get hers. I can see A&M getting more talent. Texas when they come will come with talent.

Reaction Score

And the attendance/support of her first year crushed that of LSU’s previous coaching tenure.

Anybody got the attendance numbers?

What’s the NIL potential for Boudreaux’s Butt Paste?

Reaction Score
And the attendance/support of her first year crushed that of LSU’s previous coaching tenure.

Anybody got the attendance numbers?

What’s the NIL potential for Boudreaux’s Butt Paste?
FMaW55YXsCM83-q

Reaction Score
Quadence Samuels to UConn. I really felt she was going to Maryland. A lot of competition for her there. I wish her luck. Can't remember the last time someone ranked #35 ever saw much playing time at UConn.

Reaction Score
Quadence Samuels to UConn. I really felt she was going to Maryland. A lot of competition for her there. I wish her luck. Can't remember the last time someone ranked #35 ever saw much playing time at UConn.
Kelly Farris

Reaction Score
I thought so too. I'm sure Brenda was pretty shock at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom