Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And a "10000%" commitment, no less. In Gen Z speak, do we think this means she won't transfer until her junior year?
The over/under is sophomore year up there

Reaction Score
And a "10000%" commitment, no less. In Gen Z speak, do we think this means she won't transfer until her junior year?
Between the portal and NIL, things just seem to get crazier every year. Never slows down.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Pitt and Illinois? Some real bottom feeders in there among some better programs.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

@Coler

Maybe there is hope

I hope we get her

I’m still disappointed that the best we could do was Coach Washington. But maybe she’ll surprise me in the long run. She hasn’t done a good job so far; I just find it hard to believe that she couldn’t find more players in the transfer portal to round out our roster for this year. we still only have 8 scholarship players.

At least that will give our two freshmen plenty of playing time.
Also our style of play will be fun to watch once we have the talent to play it.

Reaction Score
I didn’t know Duke was involved. I thought it was ND, UNC, Tenn, FSU, and Maryland.

Reaction Score
I didn’t know Duke was involved. I thought it was ND, UNC, Tenn, FSU, and Maryland.
I heard about Tenn and ND . First time im hearing Duke as well. Should be interesting .

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's who I have as well ;).
ND and Coach Ivey have really been pursuing Ms. Donovan, who has taken an unofficial trip to ND. Ivey flew to Hungary to show support for a number of players (Hidalgo, Prosper, Umeh) -- one of whom was most certainly Donovan. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe she has listed finalists, but I believe both Duke and Notre Dame are heavily involved.
Yes, I agree.....Duke and ND were heavily involved. I think most Sidwell kids place a high value on academics.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I hope we get her

I’m still disappointed that the best we could do was Coach Washington. But maybe she’ll surprise me in the long run. She hasn’t done a good job so far; I just find it hard to believe that she couldn’t find more players in the transfer portal to round out our roster for this year. we still only have 8 scholarship players.
- There was some mutual interest between ND and Jasmine Brown ... when Coach Washington was in South Bend. Perhaps she was the lead recruiting contact for Jasmine Brown? If so, the inclusion of Rutgers on her list -- and exclusion of ND -- might be tied together.

- With that in mind, let's keep in mind that Coach C. Viv and Rutgers moved on from each other in mid-to-late May. This probably cut down on a lot of coaches who took other positions. Still, there was something that Rutgers liked so they made a statement. Coach Q hired two well-known assistants.

- As for transfers, once again, look at the late May date: I've checked the list of possible players I thought would fit for ND and the vast majority were committed by that time. So I wouldn't point the stick entirely at the coaching staff here. They were asked to win a 4-lap race when most other contestants had already run three laps.

- I'd look at how the remaining players produce, play and hold themselves this year. And then see if Coach W. can get players like Jasmine Brown on board. She's tough.

Last edited:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
- There was some mutual interest between ND and Jasmine Brown ... when Coach Washington was in South Bend. Perhaps she was the lead on Jasmine Brown? The inclusion of Rutgers and exclusion of ND might be tied together.

- With that in mind, let's keep in mind that Coach C. Viv and Rutgers moved on from each other in mid-to-late May. This probably cut down on a lot of coaches who took other positions. Still, there was something that Rutgers liked so they made a statement. Coach Q hired two well-known assistants.

- As for transfers, once again, look at the late May date: I've checked the list of possible players I thought would fit for ND and the vast majority were committed by that time. So I wouldn't point the stick entirely at the coaching staff here. They were asked to win a 4-lap race when most other contestants had already run three laps.

- I'd look at how the remaining players produce, play and hold themselves this year. And then see if Coach W. can get players like Jasmine Brown on board. She's tough.
I suppose you might be right, and I should give her a chance.

One thing about 8 players is that there will be no complaining about lack of playing time. Also she's alluded to the fact that we're going to be very uptempo and want to score alot of points(like her teams at Penn State played). So that might be exciting to see, perhaps not this year as I don't think we have the horses for that style of play yet.

Reaction Score
GT getting some much needed height for the future
FacSoCYXEAA3g3i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members