Non-UConn NCAA Baseball Tourney | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn NCAA Baseball Tourney

Reaction Score
Vandy rolls over Michigan 8-2 to win their second CWS Championship.

Reaction Score
Illustrates NCAA football vs baseball...a UCF-Cincinatti regular season football game drew about what the CWS final did.

Reaction Score
Illustrates NCAA football vs baseball...a UCF-Cincinatti regular season football game drew about what the CWS final did.

Or almost 3x what FSU/BC did last year...

Reaction Score
Or almost 3x what FSU/BC did last year...

Sad ain't it...a CWS Final vs one of the crappiest football games of the year.

And that crappy game drew one third of a National Championship Final in baseball...telling about the popularity of baseball.

Baseball is who we were.

Football is who we became.

Reaction Score
And, I remember Mickey Mantle in the late 50's...on the black and white TV, trotting around the bases in those baggy pants.

I watched with my father.

My dad was a WWII generation guy...amd baseball was America's sport to the GI's of that generation.

Reaction Score
Sad ain't it...a CWS Final vs one of the crappiest football games of the year.

And that crappy game drew one third of a National Championship Final in baseball...telling about the popularity of baseball.

Baseball is who we were.

Football is who we became.

The problem with this comparison is that college baseball never had the popularity that college football has had. The popularity of college football goes way back to before World War II. I doubt too many people have ever watched college baseball. You can say the popularity of college football spawned the creation of pro football. Meanwhile, while pro baseball is and was very popular, college baseball has never come anywhere close to it, and has operated more in the shadows. I'm inclined to say that college baseball gets more attention these days than it has ever had in the past, due to its availability these days over cable or internet broadcasts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baseball is a game that is best appreciated watching in person....on TV, it becomes a tight focus on a pitcher and a batter.

You rarely pick up a shift in the outfield, the infield sneaking in....

And, the MTV generations and on may find it, like soccer, too slow moving for their tastes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom