OT: - Non-UConn CT Schools Tournament Watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Non-UConn CT Schools Tournament Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly, their conference tournament is their big tournament, like how we see the NCAA. That’s how it is for those smaller programs. If they win that, the rest is gravy. The likelihood of them winning again is slim anyway
But also the reason I hate that conference champs get the auto bid over regular season champs. It doesn’t send the conference’s best representative to the NCAAs. It’s ok for the major conferences because others will also make it but in 1 bid leagues it’s not really fair.

Reaction Score
Excited to share that earlier today, I just got accepted for media credentials to cover Ivy Madness!

Honestly, if it weren't for the encouragement and good vibes from many here on The Boneyard, I'm not sure that I would have had the spark to start my blog.

Grateful for this place!
That sounds awesome. Your pre-game breakdowns are required reading for many of us. They made a wise choice.

Reaction Score
Missed the whole game but a disappointing end to CCSU’s NCAA tourney dreams. At 20-11 hope they get some postseason bid somewhere.

Yeah I googled the CCSU score while watching Nova vs Creigton and was disappointed to find them down by 7 with 40 seconds left in the game. And they had a sold out home court advantage. Maybe CCSU got psyched out because I can't imagine them having experience playing front of a lot of people.

Reaction Score
Yeah I googled the CCSU score while watching Nova vs Creigton and was disappointed to find them down by 7 with 40 seconds left in the game. And they had a sold out home court advantage. Maybe CCSU got psyched out because I can't imagine them having experience playing front of a lot of people.

They didn't play well in their win over St Francis either. Shaky tourney for them.

Reaction Score
Missed the whole game but a disappointing end to CCSU’s NCAA tourney dreams. At 20-11 hope they get some postseason bid somewhere.

Brutal beat for Central fans. Could not buy a freakin basket. As for getting a postseason bid to another tourney, it's not going to happen. Up until this season, they would gotten an NIT bid based on their regular season title. Not anymore. As for those other tourneys like the CBI, those require teams to pay big bucks to get in. On our limited budget that just isn't a reality.

Regardless, thanks to the Boneyard and UConn Nation for being so supportive all season. We'll be back next season!

Reaction Score
Brutal beat for Central fans. Could not buy a freakin basket. As for getting a postseason bid to another tourney, it's not going to happen. Up until this season, they would gotten an NIT bid based on their regular season title. Not anymore. As for those other tourneys like the CBI, those require teams to pay big bucks to get in. On our limited budget that just isn't a reality.

Regardless, thanks to the Boneyard and UConn Nation for being so supportive all season. We'll be back next season!
I feel your disappointment. I was watching the Creighton-Nova game and googled CCSU basketball only to find them down 7 with 40 seconds left. I really wanted to see CCSU make the NCAAT.

Reaction Score
Wow, Wagner goes to Merrimac and cuts down the nets. Goes on the road and takes down the top three seeds to win the NEC.

Reaction Score
Wow, Wagner goes to Merrimac and cuts down the nets. Goes on the road and takes down the top three seeds to win the NEC.
I gotta brag, I called this win on College Hoops Chat w/ Jim Maisano, which dropped on Monday.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
On the DII front, SCSU (coached by our own Scott Burrell) plays in the NE-10 Championship game on Saturday in Manchester, NH. Roster features Mamadou and Hassan’s younger brother, Cherif Diarra, as well as a transfer from Shaheen Holloway’s Cinderella St Peter’s team.
Think I saw SCSU lost but got an at large bid to the DII tourney?

If you want to see terribly biased and brutal referees, play against Southern New Hampshire in their gym…

Reaction Score
I gotta brag, I called this win on College Hoops Chat w/ Jim Maisano, which dropped on Monday.

It was an interesting game for the last few minutes which is all I watched. But I do have to confess I was a little bummed out knowing this NEC title game could have been in New Britain, CT on CCSU's home court.

If I am not mistaken, I think the announcers said that Wagner only had 7 active players since December and for that reason had no-contact practices since then.

Reaction Score
Both MAAC CT teams are in the semifinals:

#5 Saint Peter's v #1 Quinnipiac - 6:30 on ESPN News
#3 Marist v #2 Fairfield - 9:00 on ESPN News

The winners play for the championship 7:30 tomorrow night on ESPNU.

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac down 10 with 5 to go.

Saint Peter’s defense has been smothering QU to just 46 points.

Reaction Score
Both Regular Season Champs/#1 seed in their conference tourney lost in the semifinals

#1 CCSU (NEC) lost #6 Wagner
#1 Quinnipiac (MAAC) lost #5 St. Peter's

Due to the new NCAA rules this year, both teams are not provided an AQ for the NIT, as has been done for the last decade.

Not sure if QU gets invited/buys a spot in the CBI or CIT, but it's very unlikely CCSU gets/can afford that opportunity.

Shame what the NCAA has done to snub everyone outside of the P5. No national postseason opportunity whatsoever really kills programs like Central. :(

Reaction Score
Go Wagner! Went on the road and beat #3, #1 and #2 seeds on their home floors. They're battle-tested. Ready for the Heels..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom