OT: - Non-UConn CT Schools Tournament Watch | The Boneyard

OT: Non-UConn CT Schools Tournament Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
CCSU advanced to the semi’s yesterday and will play 6-seed Wagner (who beat 3-seed Sacred Heart) on Saturday.

Quinnipiac and Fairfield will likely kick off on Wednesday.

Yale will go next Saturday.

Getting two or three CT schools out of these conferences would be awesome.

Reaction Score
CCSU advanced to the semi’s yesterday and will play 6-seed Wagner (who beat 3-seed Sacred Heart) on Saturday.

Quinnipiac and Fairfield will likely kick off on Wednesday.

Yale will go next Saturday.

Getting two or three CT schools out of these conferences would be awesome.
Excited to share that earlier today, I just got accepted for media credentials to cover Ivy Madness!

Honestly, if it weren't for the encouragement and good vibes from many here on The Boneyard, I'm not sure that I would have had the spark to start my blog.

Grateful for this place!

Reaction Score
On the DII front, SCSU (coached by our own Scott Burrell) plays in the NE-10 Championship game on Saturday in Manchester, NH. Roster features Mamadou and Hassan’s younger brother, Cherif Diarra, as well as a transfer from Shaheen Holloway’s Cinderella St Peter’s team.

Reaction Score
Imagine 3 ct schools making it. I think 2 have made it in the past. But not sure 3 has ever happened. Pulling for all of them. Really hope none of them get a 16 to play uconn, that'd suck.

Reaction Score
Imagine 3 ct schools making it. I think 2 have made it in the past. But not sure 3 has ever happened. Pulling for all of them. Really hope none of them get a 16 to play uconn, that'd suck.
And four teams can make it!

If CCSU and Le Moyne advance to the NEC final, CCSU will automatically make March Madness due to Le Moyne's ineligibility.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

If CCSU and Le Moyne advance to the NEC final, CCSU will automatically make March Madness due to Le Moyne's ineligibility.
That’s a fun tidbit! However unlikely … I’m worried about Merrimack as they split the season series with them (both really close games.)

Reaction Score

It would have been so sweet for Le Moyne to make the NCAA's for all the Cuse fans to stew on however

2nd class citizens in their own city

Reaction Score

Well than let's fukking go, CCSU and Le Moyne :)

Reaction Score

There has never been more than 2 Connecticut teams participating in the NCAA Tournament in the same season:

2022 (2) - #5 UConn and #14 Yale
2021 (2) - #7 UConn and #16 Hartford
2016 (2) - #9 UConn and #12 Yale
2002 (2) - #2 UConn and #14 CCSU
2000 (2) - #5 UConn and #15 CCSU
1957 (2) - UConn and Yale

Also, there has been 7 seasons with a team from the state, other than UConn, playing in the NCAAs:

2019 - #14 Yale
2007 - #16 CCSU
1997 - #16 Fairfield
1987 - #16 Fairfield
1986 - #13 Fairfield
1962 - Yale
1949 - Yale

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Excited to share that earlier today, I just got accepted for media credentials to cover Ivy Madness!

Honestly, if it weren't for the encouragement and good vibes from many here on The Boneyard, I'm not sure that I would have had the spark to start my blog.

Grateful for this place!
Not as grateful as many of us are for you! You deserve this!

Reaction Score

Trinity men’s basketball rolls past Tufts and into the Division III Elite 8​

The Bantams will face Calvin University of Grand Rapids, Mich., in an Elite 8 matchup today at 7:45 p.m. at Trinity with a berth in the Final Four on the line.

Reaction Score
Also, Southern Connecticut State's men's and women's teams both advancing to the NE-10 Conference Finals with NCAA D-II Championship bids on the line.

Reaction Score
I'm currently coaching a math competition in Hartford and should be free around 3:15ish. Debating to try to sneak into the CCSU game before it's over to, hopefully, see a festive gym.

Reaction Score
Missed the whole game but a disappointing end to CCSU’s NCAA tourney dreams. At 20-11 hope they get some postseason bid somewhere.

Wagner was pretty awful this season too. That sucks. I hate when teams play badly all season and then sneak in with a tourney run.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Grateful for this place!

That's awesome, @Hey Adrien! Congratulations.

How's your Ivy fashion game?

Reaction Score
I tuned into the Central game today. Maybe It was an off day but they were horrendous offensively. UVA level bad and boring to watch.

Reaction Score

Trinity men’s basketball rolls past Tufts and into the Division III Elite 8

The Bantams will face Calvin University of Grand Rapids, Mich., in an Elite 8 matchup today at 7:45 p.m. at Trinity with a berth in the Final Four on the line.

“The Trinity men’s basketball team is headed back to the Division III Final Four for the first time since 1995.

The Bantams, 30-1 and ranked No. 3 in the nation, defeated Calvin University 69-62 on Saturday night at Oosting Gym. Trinity has hosted the first four games of its tournament run but now must head out on the road Thursday and Saturday for the Final Four in Fort Wayne, Ind.

Th Bantams will face Trine University of Angola, Ind., on Thursday for the chance to play for the national championship.”

Reaction Score
I tuned into the Central game today. Maybe It was an off day but they were horrendous offensively. UVA level bad and boring to watch.
Couldn't make a foul shot or get a stop when they needed to.

Reaction Score
I'm currently coaching a math competition in Hartford
1710078088869.gif

Reaction Score
it sucks when your whole hopes ride on winning your conference tournament but alas. I wouldnt want them expanding the tournament anymore
Honestly, their conference tournament is their big tournament, like how we see the NCAA. That’s how it is for those smaller programs. If they win that, the rest is gravy. The likelihood of them winning again is slim anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom