Non-Key Tweets | Page 798 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don’t see it happening, but I would like there being a discussion about Connecticut. The ACC has always felt that we will be there whenever they need us. Having another potential courter is a good thing.

Reaction Score
I could see Stanford and Cali saying never ever ever never to Big 12. Could always join Big East for bball and go independent in football. Start a western half for Big East. Plus UConn and Stanford just played in super regional in Baseball.

Reaction Score
wow… I wonder how much truth is in this… theres always a lot bull sh…talk with realignment… would really hurt the big east if Villanova left

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Makes sense to me that that b12 with its new commish would turn over every stone and I would think part of that would be to explore ways to build a national platform - hitting more markets than the SEC and B10 in an effort offer a package that can help these novel streaming platforms have a national offering.

Can the B12 add four BB only schools? I suppose so, but for UConn would need the right to join football as a full member at some point.

I do feel like AD David Benedict has at least been approached about this concept. It’s a fascinating fork in the road.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Makes sense to me that that b12 with its new commish would turn over every stone and I would think part of that would be to explore ways to build a national platform - hitting more markets than the SEC and B10 in an effort offer a package that can help these novel streaming platforms have a national offering.

Can the B12 add four BB only schools? I suppose so, but for UConn would need the right to join football as a full member at some point.

I do feel like AD David Benedict has at least been approached about this concept. It’s a fascinating fork in the road.
If we could get two football games a year (H/H) in November from the Big 12, I would consider taking the deal.

Reaction Score
These were the series of tweets that came out before going into the expansion candidate thread yesterday

Reaction Score
Not a chance of this happening. The Big 12 will not be able to get anyone from the Pac-12 to jump ship unless the later has more defections. Nobody is leaving the Big East for the Big 12, not even UConn. The basketball monies would be the same, the travel would be worse, and the TV exposure would be worse.

The Pac-12 is becoming more and more unstable and there could be defections. Arizona and Arizona State are good fits for the Big 12 and I could see them jumping. I don't see any interest in the Big 12 in Big East schools nor do I sew any Big East schools being interested in the Big 12 aside from UConn and that would only be for an All-Sports invite.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The Pac-12 is becoming more and more unstable and there could be defections. Arizona and Arizona State are good fits for the Big 12 and I could see them jumping. I don't see any interest in the Big 12 in Big East schools nor do I sew any Big East schools being interested in the Big 12 aside from UConn and that would only be for an All-Sports invite.
They will get a TV deal and all will be well. Utah, Colorado, Washington, etc. see the Big 12 as a collection of mostly non-flaghip hick schools. They don't want to be associated with those schools unless they have absolutely no choice.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we could get two football games a year (H/H) in November from the Big 12, I would consider taking the deal.
Well- yeah. Money will matter too… needless to say. To me one of the question AD David Benedict needs to ponder deeply is whether or not our BB recruiting could work in the B12. If the money is high enough then there might be little to ponder, if the money is in the middle so to speak, then I think it becomes a consideration.

CL82

Reaction Score
Well- yeah. Money will matter too… needless to say. To me one of the question AD David Benedict needs to ponder deeply is whether or not our BB recruiting could work in the B12. If the money is high enough then there might be little to ponder, if the money is in the middle so to speak, then I think it becomes a consideration.
Being in the big 12 would suck. It would be like being in the American again without the poverty.

Reaction Score
Its a tough call. You hope that offer pushes the ACC to offer.

But lets say we don't take it, wonder if we will have regrets in 10 years.
B12 can become a coast to coast conference. Add UConn and USF and an eastern division can be formed with Cinci, UCF, and WVU, maybe including Kansas KState and Iowa State. PAC 12 remnants to a western division with the texas schools. Would be a great conference and travel would be tolerable.

Reaction Score
Being in the big 12 would suck. It would be like being in the American again without the poverty.
They will get a TV deal and all will be well. Utah, Colorado, Washington, etc. see the Big 12 as a collection of mostly non-flaghip hick schools. They don't want to be associated with those schools unless they have absolutely no choice.

I don't know about that. The Pac-12's TV negotiations are not going well even Marchand and Ourand have mentioned that, and the Arizona schools have a lot of interest in the Big 12, even Brett McMurphy have said that. I think that the fans get caught up more with the "they don't want to be associated with them" than the fans do sometimes.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. The Pac-12's TV negotiations are not going well even Marchand and Ourand have mentioned that, and the Arizona schools have a lot of interest in the Big 12, even Brett McMurphy have said that. I think that the fans get caught up more with the "they don't want to be associated with them" than the fans do sometimes.
Honestly, if anything, fans under appreciate academic cliques, but we will see what happens.

CL82

Reaction Score
Its a tough call. You hope that offer pushes the ACC to offer.

But lets say we don't take it, wonder if we will have regrets in 10 years.
Oh I’m not saying that we don’t take it. I’m just saying it would suck being in the big 12, except for the money. The money would not suck.

CL82

Reaction Score
I would love to play WVU, Kansas, Iowa State, Oklahoma State etc, in both sports regularly. Why not?

1675658307399.png

(You get the idea)

Reaction Score
[ Why is that name still muted] has never been right about anything. Don't think that has suddenly changed. I don't see anyway UConn takes a olympic sports only invite -- even though the competition would be better in most sports. I think UConn will be a full-member candidate if the football success under Mora can be sustained. I don't see the BIg 12 going east at all right now. They have three schools in the eastern time zone and zero in the pacific.

Reaction Score

Again this is wrong and has been a bad interpretation from people. The amount the 4 new teams are getting is a result of the standard exit fees from Texas/Oklahoma. They must forfeit 2 yrs distributions as a standard exit fee (which is just shy of $80MM per team) You take that $160MM / 4 = $40MM = $20MM per year per team for the four new teams. The other 8 teams are only "paying" for the 4 in that they aren't getting distributions from the Texas/OU exit fees.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't we take it?
IDK - how about a all sports but football offer at $10MM a year?
Or a scenario where the ACC and/or B10 keep whispering about the great reset that is about 7 to 10 years out?

In any event, yes I do think we should take it - even if football has to stay independent. A new wonky B12 is more likely to survive the full bloom NIL era than the BE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom