Non-Key Tweets | Page 664 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Has Houston cashed the check or is this a Kraft/Rowland situation?

Reaction Score
Very true. It just seems like strange timing to me. Fertitta has been eating up this media attention but I think he would be less vocal if someone in the know told him UH to Big 12 ain't happening. I'm basically saying that I think S w a im's tweet is BS but it's not like that's news to anyone hah.
I think you're looking at it backwards. you're assuming the $20M is because Houston is in. It might be that nobody knows anything as widely speculated and Fertitta is leveraging his wealth to make a statement and get houston some positive attention. in that case the timing is perfect. Uconn's announce of $90M in approved capital projects is a similar ploy I believe.

Burton has been somewhat quiet in this whole process.

Reaction Score
Heard from someone at KU today that BYU and UConn are being talked about most. Take it FWIW.

I believe our Hoops history counts for something here among schools like KU and Oklahoma. Academics and markets definitely part of the equation too. They just need to get that travel talking-point off the table in the offices where opinions count most.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Has Houston cashed the check or is this a Kraft/Rowland situation?

That is a good point. It's easy to make a contingent donation like this. Grabs a headline, and no risk. I think T.Boones did something similar at some point (or maybe he donated stock which ended up dropping significantly in value later)?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Heard from someone at KU today that BYU and UConn are being talked about most. Take it FWIW.

It wasn't a hire-up, but back in the spring I spoke with someone close to the KU basketball program who said then to expect UC/UConn. Obviously, that was well before the UT campus master plan update (a/k/a the University of Houston).

Reaction Score
I think you're looking at it backwards. you're assuming the $20M is because Houston is in. It might be that nobody knows anything as widely speculated and Fertitta is leveraging his wealth to make a statement and get houston some positive attention. in that case the timing is perfect. Uconn's announce of $90M in approved capital projects is a similar ploy I believe.

Not exactly. My thinking isn't that they're in. It's that if they knew they were out, Fertitta wouldn't be throwing down all this cash and grabbing every interview he could. That wouldn't mean they're in, just means they have a shot.

Reaction Score
I heard from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin who lives in Texas that the UT president was seen in the grocery store stocking up on nutmeg. Not sure what this means.

Reaction Score
I heard from my best friend's sister's boyfriend's cousin who lives in Texas that the UT president was seen in the grocery store stocking up on nutmeg. Not sure what this means.

Did he have any Rolling Rocks in his cart? That would be key!

Reaction Score
Agree to play the UT and OU homes games @ MetLife or Gillette for the 1st 10 years and provide a subsidy for other Olympic travel for some period

Maybe play UT, KU, OU hoops home game @ MSG, TD, Barclays

If UConn wants to market themselves this way have to leverage

I believe our Hoops history counts for something here among schools like KU and Oklahoma. Academics and markets definitely part of the equation too. They just need to get that travel talking-point off the table in the offices where opinions count most.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You Know....Bob graduated from my high school, Conard in W. Hartford. As great as the WH school system is considered to be, I'm pretty sure he is the most famous graduate of that school. (and no, there's nothing wrong with making millions of $$ selling furniture). :)
John Mayer?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Well - that would be the combination in a two school expansion to deliver the best tv ratings. TV is what is financing this whole thing, hard to imagine tv firepower wouldn't be one the final arbiters.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Well - that would be the combination in a two school expansion to deliver the best tv ratings. TV is what is financing this whole thing, hard to imagine tv firepower wouldn't be one the final arbiters.

Not to be a buzzkill, but they're also the 2 most "controversial" adds, most likely. Them for, well, being them, and us for geography.

Reaction Score
I mean to quote someone else here the other day, a GS tweet and a token will get you a ride on the Subway.

Also rich donors like Frittata love attention. Doesn't matter if Houston was in the Sun Belt, he'd still be milking this for all it's worth.

On a side note, a Frittata is one of the most overrated highfalutin' things you can eat.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kenny Ober went to Hall. A former good friend. "we are...(H)all High"

I looked it up - Mose Schrute/Ken Tremendous/Michael Schur went to Hall too...

Reaction Score

Burton has only been "un-quiet" once, and his evaluations of the AD (saboteur) and coach, in question, were accurate, albeit, indelicate. Don't-cha think?.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom