Non-Key Tweets | Page 661 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is gonna be my last comment b/c this is a dumb argument. In my initial post I said I see Syracuse decals (among others like Duke) every now and then in the richer areas of Fairfield County. So, if I use your definition, then that person cannot be a UConn fan b/c "No UConn fan would put Syracuse or BC stuff on his or her car or body." Sure, an Ivy league or Hopkins is not really the same thing, that point your right about.

Again, this is dumb argument. I used car decals as an example of school apparel. My whole point - and literally entire point is that if I see a car with a Cuse, BC, Duke sticker my gut instinct is that they are not a UConn fan. That's all.

Fair enough. I'm still shocked you see Maryland swag. I grew up in Manchester the lived in Simsbury and to the best of my knowledge have never once encountered anyone wearing Maryland gear in the state of CT. Syracuse, sure a little, not much. Simsbury was loaded with Lafayette, Bucknell stuff like that.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. I'm still shocked you see Maryland swag. I grew up in Manchester the lived in Simsbury and to the best of my knowledge have never once encountered anyone wearing Maryland gear in the state of CT. Syracuse, sure a little, not much. Simsbury was loaded with Lafayette, Bucknell stuff like that.
Yeah, it's kind of weird. I see a lot of Cuse and Nova to no real surprise. But for some reason a good amount of Maryland as well.

Reaction Score
It depends. Down the richy-rich parts you see a bunch decals with Duke, UVa, Hopkins, Cuse, etc. The more urban areas love UConn basketball. Hard to walk into a grocery store without seeing UConn gear along the way. UConn: Fairfield County's Middle Class College Team.

Two weekends, I walked from Kenmore Square to Copley Square in Boston after taking the tour of Fenway Park. My youngest son asked me how many friends I have in Boston because I have a UConn t-shirt on and about 20 people said, go Huskies as we were walking.

Reaction Score
Info from the Austin American Statesman

Bob Bowlsby remains very mum about the process that could lead to Big 12 expansion, but one Big 12 school official said 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has called power brokers, including Oklahoma State’s T. Boone Pickens, lobbying for support for BYU to join the conference. Romney is a BYU grad. Bowlsby said there are fewer than 20 interested candidates as has been reported, but declined to say if any Power 5 conference schools have expressed interest. He’s almost done going through applicants’ one-hour video presentations and has had “several calls” with Big 12 presidents to update them. Asked how the presidents are feeling about the process, Bowlsby said, “It depends on who you ask. I think there continues to be an open mindedness about it. I think some have developed their positions and probably aren’t sharing it. If it was a clear path, it wouldn’t have taken so long.”

Bohls: Romney’s pushing BYU, one AP voter’s pushing Texas

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They truly don't. My father went to Buffalo and Northeastern, but had Ithaca College (my brother), Boston College (Sister), and UConn (Me) rear window stickers on both of the cars he owned while we were in school. He doesn't care about UB or NU, and wouldn't care about the Bombers, Eagles, or Huskies if his children did not go to any of those schools.

I hope you have ended all communication with your sister. Traitor.

Reaction Score
Read UC's letter of interest to Big 12

I don't remember seeing anything similar to/from Memphis but could have...
this is different... UH and Uconn received a letter from Bowlsby. the link references Cincy expressing interest in the Big12.
I think there was confirmation of uconn's interest as well, along with 18 other schools. but we only know of 2 schools that received a letter from the Big12.

Reaction Score
Also, realize that UConn fans living in Connecticut are less likely to be advertising the hometown school than out of area universities. Wouldn't you feel much more compelled to put UConn stickers up if you lived in Arizona or Florida or Carolina?

Reaction Score
Even where I live in Glastonbury it's interesting as EVERYONE has at least a bachelors for the most part. There is definitely a ton of UConn stuff but a lot of more prestigious/private school merch about. Tons of PSU, Michigan, and UVA.
Lived in G'bury for 10 years and that town is an upwardly mobile town where many of the parents went to UCONN and now have kids either at UConn or at a private college. Uconn dominates in G'bury by a long shot - much like most other CT towns.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Lived in G'bury for 10 years and that town is an upwardly mobile town where many of the parents went to UCONN and now have kids either at UConn or at a private college. Uconn dominates in G'bury by a long shot - much like most other CT towns.
Didn't imply that they don't. Just saying you see a lot of other schools. When most residents are college grads you see a big variety of schools. Hell, I have a USJ (West Hartford) decal on my car because I got my masters there. Doesn't mean I'm a big Blue Jays fan. Walk past 10 cars in the lot at Stop and Shop and 7 have UConn stickers/plate frames and 2 other big publics and a NE private. Go to the Whole Foods and the ratios are a bit different but still most UConn. My girlfriend went to Quinnipiac but still roots for UConn sports with me.

Thus ends my super scientific study of college sports allegiance in Glastonbury.

Reaction Score
Didn't imply that they don't. Just saying you see a lot of other schools. When most residents are college grads you see a big variety of schools. Hell, I have a USJ (West Hartford) decal on my car because I got my masters there. Doesn't mean I'm a big Blue Jays fan. Walk past 10 cars in the lot at Stop and Shop and 7 have UConn stickers/plate frames and 2 other big publics and a NE private. Go to the Whole Foods and the ratios are a bit different but still most UConn. My girlfriend went to Quinnipiac but still roots for UConn sports with me.

Thus ends my super scientific study of college sports allegiance in Glastonbury.

I went to St. Louis University and I bleed Blue for UConn since i was 5yrs old and all my friends root for UConn when they see sports with me... Go Huskies!!!! there are so much UConn fans out there especially when it comes to the UConn girls every where I go.... Here it Love the UConn Girls... that could easily filter into love the UConn football :) I hope so

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I hope you have ended all communication with your sister. Traitor.
At the time it didn't bother me. UConn was not yet D1A football and the basketball team was in the midst of the 138 game win streak (Closer to 26 games but I round up).

Now it doesn't matter. She has hardly a connection to the school at all.

Reaction Score
At the time it didn't bother me. UConn was not yet D1A football and the basketball team was in the midst of the 138 game win streak (Closer to 26 games but I round up).

Now it doesn't matter. She has hardly a connection to the school at all.

My sister went to Maryland and we talk trash all the time during BBall season. My folks bought a UConn flag and a Maryland flag at our house in NJ. My mom flies each flag during the NCAA Tournament on game day and the school who is in it the longest gets their flag to fly until they lose.

We've had a pretty good run recently, the UConn flag is pretty beaten up.

Reaction Score
Lacrosse.
That's a huge sport in Fairfield County.
Also, realize that UConn fans living in Connecticut are less likely to be advertising the hometown school than out of area universities. Wouldn't you feel much more compelled to put UConn stickers up if you lived in Arizona or Florida or Carolina?
I saw a University of Michigan golf cart yesterday ,I think my next golf Cart will be UConn themed
Should it be
White with Blue lettering?
Or Blue with White lettering?
UConn or Connecticut ?
What Logo ?

Reaction Score
This is gonna be my last comment b/c this is a dumb argument. In my initial post I said I see Syracuse decals (among others like Duke) every now and then in the richer areas of Fairfield County. So, if I use your definition, then that person cannot be a UConn fan b/c "No UConn fan would put Syracuse or BC stuff on his or her car or body." Sure, an Ivy league or Hopkins is not really the same thing, that point your right about.

Again, this is dumb argument. I used car decals as an example of school apparel. My whole point - and literally entire point is that if I see a car with a Cuse, BC, Duke sticker my gut instinct is that they are not a UConn fan. That's all.

LOL. I get angry even though it is you, despite a number of folks telling you you have it wrong, that keeps talking about it.

Reaction Score
We have an actual newspaper reporting that nearly all of the presentations have been done and you nitwits continue yammering on about whether a branded sweatshirt supersedes a branded fleece.
Flug hasn't tweeted in a while. What else is there to talk about in Non-key tweets? Premium Top Shelf tweets commentary is what you're looking for. Or is it Key tweets thread? Who the hell knows.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Cincinnati,Houston, BYU, South Florida, UCF, UConn, Memphis, Colorado State, Boise State, Tulane, Temple, East Carolina, SMU, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State, Arkansas State, Rice, UNLV and Air Force,

There are about 8 schools on that list that are wasting their time other than the desire to save face with their boosters and fans. A handful of other schools need a lot of help AND a travel partner.

Just re-read that list. Only one all-sports member of the AAC isn't on it. Tulsa. Guess we now know who the one school happy to be in the AAC is.

Reaction Score

cheers!!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I went to St. Louis University and I bleed Blue for UConn since i was 5yrs old and all my friends root for UConn when they see sports with me... Go Huskies!!!! there are so much UConn fans out there especially when it comes to the UConn girls every where I go.... Here it Love the UConn Girls... that could easily filter into love the UConn football :) I hope so

you're a Billiken?! My mom worked with Debbie Yow and Jamie Pollard there for years back in the day. Cousin is a nurse at SLU-H now. Good to see another SLU guy here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom