Non-Fan Trolls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-Fan Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes going to another board to argue opinion is more or less trolling (in your scenario the PC fans are the trolls and the OP is just making bad threads). Or at the least silly.

Correcting a fact, like number of UConn championships, explaining the APR, etc., isn't.

However, compare that to the trolling Sean does. Posting a video of two kids who played high school ball in CT connecting on an alleyopp right after UConn wins a big game and titling what he did was classic trolling and very d-ickish.

Agreed 1000% on Sean's Dunn/Chukwu thread... But I feel more often than not we start the on this board w/ PC and they come to defend themselves. The same thing happens when the PC board has a thread about UConn and BY'ers flock over there.

The irony is this whole thread is that people are talking about the 'Cuse board and how they've turned it into North Korea. If it wasn't, the typical BY douches would be over there every day pointing out Cuse's flaws right now.

I would never want this board to be off-limits to other teams' fans and I like it when the Memphis dude posts or Kobe from Cinci and even the PC guys come over. I mean jesus, the Memphis guy comes over here to talk basketball and all we do is piss on their coach and insult their program. Kobe came over here and said good game and posters jumped all over him for being "smug." We really have such a sensitive fan base for a fan base that has been given unbelievable success; beyond the scope of what any of us could have ever expected.

Reaction Score
I

I had the hots for Karen when I was six.
Went to college with Jack (Jack McMahon)who was a mousecateer for 2 years. We found out when a friend from his city visited and as you can imagine Jack had his balls busted unmercifully . Jack was about 6'3" 220 so we quit before he got violent. He got $5000 a year while he was on the show and had a lot of stories. At the time he and some of the other mouse people still kept in touch.

Reaction Score
I would wager that this is one of least moderated boards around - I don't even like to see threads locked unless they completely go off the rails.

There are exceptions and the once-in-a-blue-moon quick trigger, but generally, you have to be a complete tool to get yourself banned here.

I don't think the PC visitors ever hit that peak - and plus, we can scoreboard them on every single argument, so there's no harm there.
And its OUR job to correct the internet... I spend hours each week doing it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But isn't it the same thing as when some board posts something negative about us and the BY police go on attack/defend mode on that other board? There was thread a couple weeks ago that was a comparison of NCAA tourney records between us and PC. Nothing prompted it; clearly the poster just wanted to feel better about our crappy season. The PC guys showed up and it turned into a pissing contest and inevitably BY'ers complaining about PC guys being here. Isn't that trolling?

No.

So stop.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
As a life-long Husky fan, I enjoy the comments of all Husky fans regardless of whether I agree with them or not. I spend an inordinate amount of time on this site.....What I will never understand is fans of other schools posting on our board or our fans posting on other schools' boards. I've never done it and couldn't give a chizz what fans of other schools have to say about their teams or our's.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
As a life-long Husky fan, I enjoy the comments of all Husky fans regardless of whether I agree with them or not. I spend an inordinate amount of time on this site.....What I will never understand is fans of other schools posting on our board or our fans posting on other schools' boards. I've never done it and couldn't give a chizz what fans of other schools have to say about their teams or our's.

They don't want to get flatfooted when they hear, "So honey, tell me about your day."
We do them a service merely by existing; the rest is just gravy.
I read this on TrollConfessions.com

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No.

So stop.
There is definitely more than one poster, knowing that these guys lurk here, make a statement deliberately with the intent of antagonizing them to get them to respond. It's exactly what fishermen do when they troll. They move the bait to attract the animal that can't figure things out because it has limited capacity to analyze things. So by that definition some Boneyarders are trolling.

But I get the distinction. This is our home, not theirs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I

I had the hots for Karen when I was six.
At that age I was more into Darlene which is why I replayed that video @temery posted several times. But alas just like returning to your home you left as a kid when you are an adult things just are not the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Does "Jimmie" give anyone else the creeps?

EDIT:
At that age I was more into Darlene which is why I replayed that video @temery posted several times. But alas just like returning to your home you left as a kid when you are an adult things just are not the same.
...annnd now fleudslipcon as well.;)

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Don't change. There is a neverending supply of I don't like what you post so I don't want it to be allowed to be posted.

This OP isn't as subtle as some of it but the constant refrain from the same people is tiresome.

Sorry, friend. I'm here to stay.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Every now and then Sean provides a decently insightful post. He's defended us on other boards for whatever reason at times.

Reaction Score
Went to college with Jack (Jack McMahon)who was a mousecateer for 2 years. We found out when a friend from his city visited and as you can imagine Jack had his balls busted unmercifully . Jack was about 6'3" 220 so we quit before he got violent. He got $5000 a year while he was on the show and had a lot of stories. At the time he and some of the other mouse people still kept in touch.
That was a lot of money back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC