Non conference sked next year | The Boneyard

Non conference sked next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are the games?

• FGCU tourney 3 (Ariz St, GaTech, Minn, Charleston, GreenBay, Vandy, Villanova)
  • Stanford
  • Notre Dame
  • Duke
  • South Carolina
  • 5-6 others?

Last edited:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
We should schedule Louisville....what about Maryland again? UNC?

Reaction Score
Stanford, Davis, and ND are Away
Duke, DePaul, South Carolina are Home

Rutgers not sure

2-3 others

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think any ACC Schools other than the recently scheduled ND series are on the OOC schedule for 2014-2015! Contracts have run out on Duke, & MD. If I remember correctly Geno said he'd like to go in a different direction since he's played NoCar, Duke, MD, & FlaSt., in recent years.

Reaction Score
I don't think any ACC Schools other than the recently scheduled ND series are on the OOC schedule for 2014-2015! Contracts have run out on Duke, & MD. If I remember correctly Geno said he'd like to go in a different direction since he's played NoCar, Duke, MD, & FlaSt., in recent years.
This coming year is last on Duke contract.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

So Wake Forest, Clemson, and NC State are next in line ?

Reaction Score
Louisville's schedule is set for next season. The coaches want to schedule games beginning in the 2015-16 season.

Reaction Score
The problem is that UConn needs more home than away games to generate income. So it cant fill its sked with home-and-homes against top teams. It needs some schools that will agree to only play at UConn.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I spoke to a parent of a player at UC Davis ---UConn is supposed to open the season on the first Friday of the season @ UC Davis and then play at Stanford that Sunday or Monday.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The problem is that UConn needs more home than away games to generate income. So it cant fill its sked with home-and-homes against top teams. It needs some schools that will agree to only play at UConn.
But the larger schools, in general, won't do that (for anyone). Every one of them has the same goal as UConn, "more home games". It is the lesser conference teams (and maybe some lesser teams in better conferences) that make up the folks that agree without a home visit.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I spoke to a parent of a player at UC Davis ---UConn is supposed to open the season on the first Friday of the season @ UC Davis and then play at Stanford that Sunday or Monday.
That's an old Stanford scenario. I think RU opened the season at Cal and played Stanford a couple of days later at least twice.

Of course, UConn is likely to have much better success than RU did; as RU is never at its best early it lost to Stanford more than just 2 times in the early post-season over the years.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I was still hoping for a homecoming game for Kiah. I think that's my only chance of seeing a game in-person. :( (Letting go here, just still bummed.)

Reaction Score
The seniors aren't getting a homecoming game this year? Why's that?
and I don't think UC Davis and Stanford count as homecoming games for KML.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The seniors aren't getting a homecoming game this year? Why's that?
and I don't think UC Davis and Stanford count as homecoming games for KML.

UConn tried to schedule a game with UCLA as a homecoming game for Kaleena but they couldn't work out a date. UCLA will likely be on the schedule for 2015-2016. I don't know what's going on with scheduling a homecoming game for Kiah. Univ of Iowa would be the closest (to Kiah's home and is her father's alma mater) but I doubt they're willing to play; same for ISU. As for Banks, Georgia won't play UConn and GaTech may be an opponent in the tournament in Florida.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Uconn actually seems to pretty much balance their home and away schedule. Much more than most major conference teams.

Reaction Score
Lets do away with the Notre Dame game.. and schedule someone who will not attack UCONN and Geno in the media every chance they get

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Lets do away with the Notre Dame game.. and schedule someone who will not attack UCONN and Geno in the media every chance they get

You mean run away from the best rivalry UCONN and women's basketball has? Where's the sense in that? Play'em and beat'em, I say....

Reaction Score
Uconn actually seems to pretty much balance their home and away schedule. Much more than most major conference teams.
Huh?

This year: 7 home, 4 away, 2 neutral
Last year: 7 home, 3 away, 3 neutral
2011-12: 9 home, 3 away

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Huh?

This year: 7 home, 4 away, 2 neutral
Last year: 7 home, 3 away, 3 neutral
2011-12: 9 home, 3 away
While they are technically home, the HOF challenge and other in season tournaments that Uconn has hosted don't really count in my book as while they were outside sponsored and really are designed to get total regular season games into the 30-31 range as opposed to the max 29 without the tournament. The last three years they happen to have been at Gampel, could have as easily been in FL (next year) or the out of the country (previous years.) And the teams included are I believe not technically being scheduled by Uconn per se, but by the sponsor. Dropping those four games out the schedule from last year was 4 - 4 - 1 plus 18 conference games = 27. And looking at next year as it stands 3 - 3, plus I assume three tournament games in FL.
And the Hartford game is hard to really see as either 'home' or on the rare occasion 'away' as it is local any way it is scheduled.

Reaction Score
While they are technically home, the HOF challenge and other in season tournaments that Uconn has hosted don't really count in my book as while they were outside sponsored and really are designed to get total regular season games into the 30-31 range as opposed to the max 29 without the tournament..

They are also designed to give UConn 3 home games so it can get that revenue.

Reaction Score
You mean run away from the best rivalry UCONN and women's basketball has? Where's the sense in that? Play'em and beat'em, I say....
Play'em and beat'em..... where is the rivalry in that? Question I have is if it is true that UCONN/Tenn will resume playing if Tenn apologizes for their past comments..... why not make Muffet do the same. She did after all go after the character of Geno and did have some not so nice things to say when Stewie won the player of the year award. It was reported that she did not even clap. So who needs her?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Play'em and beat'em..... where is the rivalry in that? Question I have is if it is true that UCONN/Tenn will resume playing if Tenn apologizes for their past comments..... why not make Muffet do the same. She did after all go after the character of Geno and did have some not so nice things to say when Stewie won the player of the year award. It was reported that she did not even clap. So who needs her?

I appreciate you missing my point. There's a rivalry BECAUSE they have beaten us, or are you choosing to parse the record? There's no guarantee UCONN will beat ND. Likely, but no guarantee. That makes it more of a rivalry than some other games... And silences the UCONN haters...

As for apologies, think Rutgers. Think, has Geno asked? Was there a lawsuit? Silly to equate this with TN's stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom