Non-Conference Scheduling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-Conference Scheduling

Reaction Score
Getting exposure doesn't help in any way with recruiting if UConn gets pounded. The cash helps but wins would help more.

Reaction Score
Getting exposure doesn't help in any way with recruiting if UConn gets pounded. The cash helps but wins would help more.

This program needs to learn how to win again. It needs to get positive momentum. It needs to find a way to 6-7 wins a year and a bowl game. That's how the fans come back. None of that can be done playing 2-3 Power 5 teams non conference when the roster still consists mostly of Diaco kids.

Reaction Score
It is not a weak football conference. Not at all. Ranked teams play 1-AA squads but apparently it's too good for us? Ok.

I am not saying we are to good to play a 1AA team by any merit. What I am saying is if we do not play a 1AA team its a a feather in our cap that despite not being in the power 5 conference we scheduled all 1A teams. It does not sound like much, but no one could say we put a cupcake on our schedule.

My point is we could play against a less talented 1A team and have it count towards a bowl game.

I would love to have a home opener every year against Army, which I would consider a less talented 1A team.

That was my point sorry I was not clear

Reaction Score
Fine, in about 3 years when the program is filled with Edsall kids. Right now playing those teams is a repeat of the Missouri and BC games last season.
agreed, we a are not ready yet, it would hurt more than help

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom