Non Conference schedule for next year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non Conference schedule for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I have hope Baylor adds uconn and tenn
I know the Big12 is 'tough' but I really hope Baylor re-ups its OOC. I understand Kim being worried post Griner/Sims not to expose a young team too early, but I think she went overboard in easing the scheduling. Would like to see Baylor on the schedule, but even if you don't add Uconn, adding a little more meat would be good for the game in general.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I thought we were adding Rutgers back at some point.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Going by this Bob Joyce article from the other day, perhaps Nebraska has been finalized. That would still make one game missing since they should play 11 non-conf games.

The Huskies will host Kansas State, LSU, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Florida State, with the Seminoles going to Mohegan Sun Arena. UConn will travel to Chattanooga, Colgate, DePaul, Ohio State, and South Carolina.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2015/04/21/the-womens-beat-with-bob-joyce-10-x-3-champs-again/

Reaction Score
I love the calling from afar that UConn has such an easy schedule.... and many of these calls are from fandoms who refuse to play us...

I admire teams who choose to play the best in the regular season in preparation for the ultimate test of the tournament

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Two-year series with Nebraska officially announced by Connie Yori.

Nebraska will travel to Connecticut in November, with the Huskies coming to Lincoln the following season. Nebraska’s schedule for the coming season has not been announced.

Yori said Connecticut contacted Nebraska about a series.

“I think it was a really weak moment for me," Yori said. “It must have been coming off a win or something when we got the call, because those are things after the fact when you say, ‘What did I just do?’ No, it will be a great experience for us to play the best team in the country at their place. It will be an opportunity to learn a lot from that experience.”

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...cle_adc977f4-f1ab-535c-9ec0-be1dd9973ac8.html

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Colgate game is Breanna Stewart's home game. Syracuse refused to play UConn.

For the game against Colgate, UConn better "brush up" on their skills or their will be holes in their game. :rolleyes::D:confused:

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an idea of when they will announce the South Carolina date/time? I'm saving up my Southwest Frequent Flyer miles for this game-anyone else going down? Will be one of the best games of the season!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Two-year series with Nebraska officially announced by Connie Yori.

No, it will be a great experience for us to play the best team in the country at their place. It will be an opportunity to learn a lot from that experience."

Yet another coach looking for a "learning experience" playing UConn.

Reaction Score
Humor always works to have fun...........Come to CT Husker Nation.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
maxresdefault.jpg

For the game against Colgate, UConn better "brush up" on their skills or their will be holes in their game. :rolleyes::D:confused:

Reaction Score
T No, it will be a great experience for us to play the best team in the country at their place. It will be an opportunity to learn a lot from that experience.”

How often do losses lead a team to learn anything? I know UConn learned from it's Standford loss, and a few years back UConn schooled Stanford in a pre-season tournament only to end up losing to them in the tournament. Other than those two I just haven't seen it. I think Duke stopped scheduling us because they realized they weren't smart enough to learn from a loss.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
How often do losses lead a team to learn anything? I know UConn learned from it's Standford loss, and a few years back UConn schooled Stanford in a pre-season tournament only to end up losing to them in the tournament. Other than those two I just haven't seen it. I think Duke stopped scheduling us because they realized they weren't smart enough to learn from a loss.
Good, well coached teams learn a lot from loses to other good well coached teams - it may not lead to them beating the same team later in the year (the winning team may just be better), but it can focus a coach and players on weakness that can be corrected (or hidden/compensated for) and were not exposed or did not hurt against weaker teams in easy victories.

And for weaker and especially younger teams it can be eye opening in terms of setting a bar at which to aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom