Non-Big East Conference Tournament Discussion | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Non-Big East Conference Tournament Discussion

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Why depth? Why have a solid eight-man rotation with their #7 and #8 guys getting 15 mpg.
Yeah I’m really just splitting hairs given how good they really are. But I do get concerned if Ayo goes out for an extended period how they will facilitate offense. He’s incredible.

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m really just splitting hairs given how good they really are. But I do get concerned if Ayo goes out for an extended period how they will facilitate offense. He’s incredible.
"Splitting hairs" as you said but I disagree. They beat Michigan by a billion on the road without him and I think if Curbelo was on UConn he would be our second best guard, so I don't think facilitation will be an issue. Illinois is a wagon.

Reaction Score
IMO Illinois is the real deal
It amazes me that teams don't get King Kofi in foul trouble more. He is their frontcourt, but he never fouls out. Usually bruisers get called a lot. I saw him get away with a big push yesterday, but generally he stays out of trouble.

Reaction Score
It amazes me that teams don't get King Kofi in foul trouble more. He is their frontcourt, but he never fouls out. Usually bruisers get called a lot. I saw him get away with a big push yesterday, but generally he stays out of trouble.
Agreed! That push w/his body was on Luca going up for a layup and was a no-call....they would have called that on Adama all day long.

Reaction Score
Playing just 27 minutes/game and having Bezhanishvili backing him up helps big time.

With that combo, it's easy to manage those minutes/fouls: Bez helps Cockburn stay fresh and out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Playing just 27 minutes/game and having Bezhanishvili backing him up helps big time.

With that combo, it's easy to manage those minutes/fouls: Bez helps Cockburn stay fresh and out of foul trouble.
But that's it and Bezh.... only rebounds 2.6 a game. No one else on the team over 6'-7" plays more than 7 min a game. Thats like Sanogo and Carlton being our only frontcourt players. You get Kofi in trouble, you get Illinois in trouble. Lets see if Liddell goes up into him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who thinks the Shockers will make it? Wichita State has played 4 seasons in the AAC. They split with Houston, beat Cinci during the season and lost to Cinci in the tourney. Cinci and Houston play at 3:15. I'm sure the outcome of this game affects their chances.

Regular season finish
2018 - 2 - NCAA Tourney
2019 - 6
2020 - 4
2021 - 1

Drew

Reaction Score
Who thinks the Shockers will make it? Wichita State has played 4 seasons in the AAC. They split with Houston, beat Cinci during the season and lost to Cinci in the tourney. Cinci and Houston play at 3:15. I'm sure the outcome of this game affects their chances.

Regular season finish
2018 - 2 - NCAA Tourney
2019 - 6
2020 - 4
2021 - 1
I think they’re in. 72 NET is definitely worrisome but 4-4 v Q1/Q2 and only 1 loss in Q3/Q4. When you look at who they’re up against the resume comparisons are fairly similar but Houston is the most impressive win out of all of them. Plus they have the @ Ole Miss win which is pretty enormous when comparing bubble teams. The other bubble resumes are.. meh. Drake? Colorado St? Utah St? Cuse is 1-7 in Q1.

I actually think Memphis is a much better team than WSU and quite frankly better than any of the other “bubble” teams but not having Williams for the first month or so absolutely killed their at large chances. They really needed to beat Houston and had 2 great chances to do it but suffered two excruciating losses. If there was ever a year for “eye test” to get a team in, that Memphis team would make it. But they don’t have a single Q1 win- there’s realistically no way to justify them making it as an at large other than “we just think they’re better than Drake and Colorado State“- which I would certainly agree with.

Drew

Reaction Score
I somehow just got suspended from twitter while talking college basketball.. bad time for the algorithm to flag me for something stupid ?

Reaction Score
Does Colgate still make the tourney if they lose their title game today?
No.

15 games only against Patriot League teams won't cut it. A low-major has to at least play against decent OOC teams to qualify for an at-large bid.

Case in point: I don't think Winthrop would have made the tourney if they lost the Big South. I loss in the Big South would make them something like a 22-2 team and they beat UNC-G, Furman and Little Rock, all solid mid-major teams.

Reaction Score
Cam Thomas is unreal, he would've made us a legit title contender.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Is Keith Williams okay? What happened?
No clue what his injury was yesterday, but sounds like he's gonna play today?

Just was looking at some Kenpom stuff. This game versus Houston is basically equivalent to like a 2 vs 15 game in the NCAAs. Gonna be brutal I feel like, especially after we smacked them for the last 2 tournament titles. Sampson is just that petty.

Reaction Score
Does Colgate still make the tourney if they lose their title game today?
They took care of business so we will never know. But I highly doubt they would have made it if they had lost. I wonder if the Patriot League has ever sent 2 teams to the tournament.

Reaction Score
Probably a Cuse or PC fan overseeing the algorithm or something
I got basically the same thing as this for something similar.

Looks like twitter algorithm is all sorts fo screwed up

Drew

Reaction Score
Same thing happened to me! Literally talking college hoops and now locked for 12 hours. !
I appealed it to see if I can get unlocked- can’t be banned on selection Sunday lol

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Cam Thomas is unreal, he would've made us a legit title contender.
we are a legit title contender when complete and healthy. be productive and think healing vibes for rj, that's all we need. didju watch any cbb in the last 3 months?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Cincinnati trying to steal a bid. They are about to tip off.

Drew

Reaction Score
Cheering for Cinci

Reaction Score
I somehow just got suspended from twitter while talking college basketball.. bad time for the algorithm to flag me for something stupid ?
I got suspended from twitter early this morning and beginning my sentence with word shoot. I was talking about college basketball. You get dinged once nobody to appeal too for their immediate stupidity

Reaction Score
But that's it and Bezh.... only rebounds 2.6 a game. No one else on the team over 6'-7" plays more than 7 min a game. Thats like Sanogo and Carlton being our only frontcourt players. You get Kofi in trouble, you get Illinois in trouble. Lets see if Liddell goes up into him.
Although without Kyle Young, OSU is helpless to stop the beast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom