Nolan? | The Boneyard

Nolan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously wtf has happened to this kid?!?? He's not even close to a D1 player anymore. Not sure I've ever seen a player become so horrible from one season to the next. He can't make a layup, constantly gets blocked by smaller guys, doesn't box out, can't catch the ball. I hate to rip on the kid but it's embarrassing watching him play for us and I feel badly for him. I just can't believe what's happened to him.

Reaction Score
For those of us who have played some ball there is a subtle thing you can do when going to the well. Take the extra half second...seriously ...take the extra half second and all the defenders fly by. You learn this on the playground. Phil needs to learn it. It comes w experience

Reaction Score
All he tries to do now is draw charges, nothing else. So frustrating to watch.

Reaction Score
Seriously wtf has happened to this kid?!?? He's not even close to a D1 player anymore. Not sure I've ever seen a player become so horrible from one season to the next. He can't make a layup, constantly gets blocked by smaller guys, doesn't box out, can't catch the ball. I hate to rip on the kid but it's embarrassing watching him play for us and I feel badly for him. I just can't believe what's happened to him.
The added weight like TO has made him lose his agility. Now he is just a stiff like TO became with the added weight. B-ball players don't really need this weight like football players. Better to play slim and fast in ball.

Reaction Score
The added weight like TO has made him lose his agility. Now he is just a stiff like TO became with the added weight. B-ball players don't really need this weight like football players. Better to play slim and fast in ball.
If by TO you're referring to Olander, then my statement will be worthwhile. If TO is something else than just ignore this.

Anyways, in my honest opinion I would take last years Olander over this years Nolan any day. I'm sure I'll be one of a few who feels this way but I honestly think Olander was better than this by far.

Reaction Score
All he tries to do now is draw charges, nothing else. So frustrating to watch.
But he's good at doing that. Trying to draw the charge that is. Shane Battier in a UConn uni.

Reaction Score
For those of us who have played some ball there is a subtle thing you can do when going to the well. Take the extra half second...seriously ...take the extra half second and all the defenders fly by. You learn this on the playground. Phil needs to learn it. It comes w experience

Considering he plays basketball every day of his life, when do you think that experience will come?

Reaction Score
Tonight Nolan has contributed bunny shot that was blocked, a couple fouls, no rebs., and no points, all at 6'10"; Purvis, 2 t.o.s off his foot, but shooting well. Unfortunately the Cardinal can rebound better than the Husky, so unless the boys can can get rid of the T.O.s, control the ball and rebound, it will be a long evening. We're missing something that was present back a few games.

Reaction Score

Nolan hasn't gained any weight in his hands.

Reaction Score
He's become pretty much the worst rotation player we've ever had. Useless is an understatement. He has to have played at least 10-12 min this game and he still doesn't have a single rebound.

Reaction Score
Brimah is the problem not Phil. If Brimah can stop picking up early fouls then we only see Phil on the bench.

Reaction Score
Say what you will about Nolan but he defended Okafor and now Nastic better than either Brimah or Facey did. He's the one big who doesn't consistently get beat for positioning and he can actually move his feet. Instead of bashing the kid, maybe we should wonder why the guys ahead of him aren't playing their roles better. Nolan is a limited player who has predictably struggled when asked to do more than he can.

Reaction Score
Brimah is the problem not Phil. If Brimah can stop picking up early fouls then we only see Phil on the bench.

This. Nolan is fine playing five minutes a half to give Brimah a blow. He isn't meant to do any more than that and if he is doing more than that it's not his fault.

Reaction Score
This. Nolan is fine playing five minutes a half to give Brimah a blow. He isn't meant to do any more than that and if he is doing more than that it's not his fault.

It is his fault. Just because he isn't supposed to be playing much doesn't mean that when he is in, he can repeatedly fail to do the one simple task asked of him.

Phil is a scholarship player and has been a rotational player for three years now. This isn't a case of a team being decimated by injuries and throwing an unprepared walk-on into the fire when he has no business being there.

Nobody besides a few delusional posters expects phil to do anything besides rebound, defend, and set a few screens. We saw last game how awful he is at setting screens. While I agree his defense is passable at times, his rebounding is nothing short of disgraceful.

He's 6'10, fairly athletic, and has put on enough weight to be a legitimately sized d1 center. And yet three years later he still can't grab one rebound. He honestly has to be the worst rebounding center in the history of college basketball. He's softer than freshman thabeet and has worse postitioning than brimah probably had in 7th grade when he didn't even play basketball.

Honestly there aren't enough negative things to say about him. Considering where he was when he stepped on campus, it's mind boggling that he's managed to get worse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But to play seventeen minutes with zero rebounds zero points? I"m pretty sure I could get a rebound if not by anything but luck in that type of playing time.

Reaction Score
But to play seventeen minutes with zero rebounds zero points? I"m pretty sure I could get a rebound if not by anything but luck in that type of playing time.

I'm not saying he's played well. He clearly has not for pretty much the entire season. But there are things he does well and whatever we're getting from our backup center is the least of our concerns, IMO.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he's played well. He clearly has not for pretty much the entire season. But there are things he does well and whatever we're getting from our backup center is the least of our concerns, IMO.

I think the main beef is that hes become painful to watch hes that bad. Well thats how i feel. He is just painful to watch out there.

Reaction Score
sled crew should forget adding these late non div I men to fill out roster and even that not going well with only ten schollie men

better gamble is maybe take one man from france, germany, england and or italy; if all else fails at least you got tutors for poly sci courses and some romance languages

Reaction Score
a coat rack would get more rebounds...and not because it has more arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member