2024 Recruiting: - Nolan Traore | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nolan Traore

Reaction Score
If a potential top 5 one-and-done draft pick is your "see example" you're not making the point you think you are...
Yet folks effuse about that example having intangibles such as “great parents” and “culture buy-in”. That example is an exception. Most would not buy in to last season.

Reaction Score
#groupthink
Your argument is littered with specious assumptions like "only 5* recruits think they are the man" and "only 3* guys want to play team team basketball". It's not worth picking it apart but I would say I'd happily pass on any players trying to go the one man army route.

Reaction Score
You want to see a “3*+ talent approach look at Purdue or Butler. You know teams who have actual 3* on them lmao.

Who are the 3*s on UConn’s roster?

This is idiotic.

We are recruiting at the highest level.

We were 1 of 2 schools to the the #1 player in the country and best HS prospect since Kevin Durant on campus.

Hurley is not recruiting 3 star talent.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
You want to see a “3*+ talent approach look at Purdue or Butler. You know teams who have actual 3* on them lmao.

This is idiotic.

We were 1 of 2 schools to the the #1 player in the country and best HS prospect since Kevin Durant on campus.

Newton

Reaction Score
Yet folks effuse about that example having intangibles such as “great parents” and “culture buy-in”. That example is an exception. Most would not buy in to last season.
True, but 2 consecutive chips later, 2 draftees last year, and potentially 5 this year (2 of which top 10), some kids and parents might start looking at things differently.

Reaction Score

This is idiotic.

I think the only one left is Singare.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the bump, but figured I’d ask here. I know it’s a big if for Traore to go to College in the US for a year vs other overseas pro options, but would we be out regardless with Mahaney aboard?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sorry for the bump, but figured I’d ask here. I know it’s a big if for Traore to go to College in the US for a year vs other overseas pro options, but would we be out regardless with Mahaney aboard?

You make it work

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Well 4 0f the top .5 players in the nba are not us born players

The next generational player is from france

The top 2 picks in the 2024 draft are from France
Probably 40 percent of the nba first round are
Internationally born players

France has a group of players under 21 which are
Most likely better than those in the us

Greater Toronto has as many players in the NBA than any metropolitan area in the US of similar size

The NBA Africa academy is on the verge producing a generation, a very good players

So it’s safe to say that basketball is a world game and that the USA I will never dominate like it had previously

I think it’s an open question as to whether the AAU system has hurt the development of US basketba

Imho the European system, which focuses on skills and development versus playing 100 games a year is a superior system

I don’t think I see anything changing anytime soon
The nba it’s perfectly fine with international players being the stars as it fits with their long range plans to have teams from Europe as part of the league
Isn't it true that in Europe basketball (ultimately professional) is treated like a trade and if you have potential you can go to a school where you are educated as well as trained to make a career at basketball (or perhaps soccer) from a very young age?

Reaction Score
Isn't it true that in Europe basketball (ultimately professional) is treated like a trade and if you have potential you can go to a school where you are educated as well as trained to make a career at basketball (or perhaps soccer) from a very young age?
Yes, this is true. Not sure how fully developed or prevalent the basketball youth academies are in Europe, as it is still growing sport there, but they definitely exist. In soccer it is an extremely common thing. Most professional teams bring in players as young as 10 and train them in their youth teams. Back in the early 2010s FC Barcelona's entire starting 11 were players who came through their youth academy and they were the best team in the world at that time as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom