Nolan Nolan Nolan! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nolan Nolan Nolan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Remember last year, when the refrain around here was that Boat couldn't defend?

Nobody ever says that any more.

He's become very disciplined. That's really what was lacking last year.

Reaction Score
He really bodied him up well. Lacked awareness on some of those WIDEEEE open threes in the first half, but really tighened up when it mattered. Good for him. Philly!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/51UQB66hShQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reaction Score
Agreed, Nolan was great today. I'm a huge Brimah fan, but sometimes he has trouble defending pick and rolls and MSU was taking advantage of that in the first half. Nolan really testiculo'd up and played great defense.

Really the whole team was great on D, but it all started with interior defense. Daniels absolutely shut down Branden Dawson while also doubling down on Payne. Couldn't be happier for the team. Great victory and can't wait for next Saturday!

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I'm definitely Not, Nolan's Biggest Fan. That being Said.. Nolan gave incredible effort, the past couple of games. His intensity on Defense, was a thing of Beauty. Great Job by Nolan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nolan was awesome. He just played his game, within himself, and it was just great. He manned up against an inside team who didn't come inside when he was in there. The overall top pick as a team and Nolan busted them. That's incredible! Another guy coming up big in a big spot. We're a big threat.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Phil was a true difference maker today. His ability to move his feet at his size was key. He can guard the perimeter and recover to challenge or get a rebound inside.

For next year, he will add another 5 to 10 lbs. of muscle, increase the strength of his base and he will be an even more effective defender.

I also expect that he will be able to finish in the post. We will have quite the two-headed post monster next season.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Phil Nolan was a HUGE difference in this game. It never looks pretty but that kid has great defensive footwork!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was just amazed at the incredible team defense. There was a long stretch where MSU could not get off a decent shot. Maybe hit a 3 of a rebound or broken play. But other than that, not an inch, not a chance to breathe. We kept them to a very low total. So awesome!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He simply plays better when not defending dook style. He did not attempt to draw a charge all game. I salute him.

I think he did once no? He got called for a foul I believe. Maybe was someone else, but I thought it was Phil.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Phil has steadily improved his game over the year, and he put in a great performance tonight. I'm looking forward to what the kid will do for us in the next two games (yup, I said it) and next year too...

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I knew we were set for a good game when he defended their first attempts inside with arms straight up. Using his length was huge.

Reaction Score
They made two end of the shot clock desperation threes. Knew that wouldn't last. I was laughing at Payne at the three point line. Nolan really put the clamps on him. Wanna see him do it against Young

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

Nolan wants it all!!!

(Yesterday's video was deleted by user...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom