Nolan...Doghouse? | The Boneyard

Nolan...Doghouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think he must be in the doghouse. SE was struggling. I thought Phil had to be sick.

Reaction Score
Agreed. So any idea why the whole team needed to foul out before Nolan got off the bench? Just a perceived bad matchup for him...i suppose who knows. He definitely came in hungry. For that KO looks like a genius.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not sure what Phil did, but using him before the last minute might have helped keep Miller & Facey in the game longer and kept SE out of the game much more. Maybe it was KO's ex?

Reaction Score
Yeah while I think Enoch will end up being a good player for this program, Nolan should come off the bench before him. Enoch is just too inexperienced right now and Nolan started for a NC squad. Nolan gives us experience and defense.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
I'm all for giving Big Steve more run but I thought with today's foul trouble and Enoch not having the best showing that Nolan would have seen more PT. I'm not as big as Nolan backer as some other posters but I do think he deserves more than no run.

KO needs to figure out his big man rotations. I know it will change game to game and Enoch not getting off the pine vs Texas and being 1st big off the bench shows that each guy needs to be ready as soon as they are called upon. Phil answered the bell even if it was in the last couple mins of action so good for him.

Speaking of doghouse, if Phil rose from the doghouse than Sam Cassell Jr. is still firmly entrenched in it. Not even a thought of bringing him into games recently.

Reaction Score
Anyone read anything about why Nolan didn't play for 39 minntes?

Reaction Score
I'm all for giving Big Steve more run but I thought with today's foul trouble and Enoch not having the best showing that Nolan would have seen more PT. I'm not as big as Nolan backer as some other posters but I do think he deserves more than no run.

KO needs to figure out his big man rotations. I know it will change game to game and Enoch not getting off the pine vs Texas and being 1st big off the bench shows that each guy needs to be ready as soon as they are called upon. Phil answered the bell even if it was in the last couple mins of action so good for him.

Speaking of doghouse, if Phil rose from the doghouse than Sam Cassell Jr. is still firmly entrenched in it. Not even a thought of bringing him into games recently.

Why does it have to be the doghouse? Why can't it be that KO just acknowledges that they are bad players and get bumped out of the rotation when it shortens during conference play?

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Why does it have to be the doghouse? Why can't it be that KO just acknowledges that they are bad players and get bumped out of the rotation when it shortens during conference play?
Guys that used to receive minutes and no longer get playing time are commonly referred to as "being in the coach's doghouse". If you want to refer to it as the coach realizing they suck then do you.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Nolan is not worse than what KO was getting from SE. Beside that, you had people fouling out and you needed Phil's fouls in there. SCJr. is a different story. Guards weren't fouling out and he is clearly the least talented small we have. (Not a big knock on SC, we just happen to have a lot of talent in our front court)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I think KO makes a lot of his decisions on minutes based on practice play. He's made many mentions about how guy have been playing in practice and I think he rewards players with minutes accordingly. I can only assume SE has been practicing better than PN. Glad to see SE finally getting those minutes over PN, but Phil made 2 big plays in the final minute.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah while I think Enoch will end up being a good player for this program, Nolan should come off the bench before him. Enoch is just too inexperienced right now and Nolan started for a NC squad. Nolan gives us experience and defense.
enoch rebounds better, moves his feet better, is much larger, has a post move, sets screens without moving, etc... phil most likely did nothing there are just better players in front of him

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

we have it figured out... brimah starts, facey first off the bench for him, miller/facey can play the 5, then enoch... phil will be good for a few minutes here or there but he's the 5th big right now... and yes, it does go game to game, ollie has said that and showed that

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In the previous game Nolan played and Enoch logged 0 minutes. I don't think either game, considering they happened so closely together, can be taken as a solid statement as to what the order off the bench will be for PN vs SE for the rest of the year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think people are missing the point. Miller, Facey, Enoch were all in foul trouble and PN did not play a minute until they all fouled out. This isn't about who is better or had better practices. It is game management. I would rather believe KO has a dog house than think he choose to keep Enoch in while he was struggling and about to foul out (not to mention Miller & Facey). Even as the fourth best of 4, he should have minutes. And I think he was better than Enoch last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom